What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tuqiri sacked by ARU

Dave The Maori

Juniors
Tuqiri sacked by ARU

July 01, 2009
Lote Tuqiri's contract with the Australian Rugby Union has been terminated.

The ARU released a brief statement tonight which said:

"The employment contract of Lote Tuqiri has been terminated effective today.

"ARU has treated this issue as a standard employment matter.

"The ARU will not make any further comment on the matter as it may be the subject of legal proceedings."

More to come

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25719005-5016959,00.html

Raider_69

Post Whore
Might have ramifications for League, one would assume he's on his way back... who's got the dough for him?

I cant think of many clubs, canberra will but there is absolutely buckleys chance of him coming. GC might be his new home.

The real question is why dont we let him rot in his bed?

Dogs Of War

Coach
Notice they waited till the 1st July, 1 day after the NRL won't register contracts to do this. Just so he can't go back to Rugby League this year.

ARU terminates Tuqiri's contract

Posted 15 minutes ago
Updated 13 minutes ago
Lote Tuqiri's career with the Wallabies appears to be over after his contract was torn up by the ARU (AAP: Dave Hunt)

Wallabies back Lote Tuqiri has had his playing contract torn up by the Australian Rugby Union (ARU).
The ARU released a statement on Monday night saying it had made the decision to terminate Tuqiri's contract effective immediately but did not detail reasons for the decision.
The ARU says it will not make any further comment on the matter as it may be the subject of legal proceedings, but said it had treated the decision as a "standard employment matter".
One of Australia's highest-paid players, Tuqiri was contracted to the ARU until 2012.
Tuqiri, who played 99 NRL matches with the Brisbane Broncos until 2002, played 67 Tests for the Wallabies but has been on the outer of late under coach Robbie Deans.
He was not selected to play in any of the Wallabies' Tests against Italy and France this year.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/07/01/2614164.htm?section=sport

Got sick of how sh*t Rugby Union is, I bet.

Dave The Maori

Juniors
ARU terminates Tuqiri's contract

Posted 15 minutes ago
Updated 13 minutes ago
Lote Tuqiri's career with the Wallabies appears to be over after his contract was torn up by the ARU (AAP: Dave Hunt)

Wallabies back Lote Tuqiri has had his playing contract torn up by the Australian Rugby Union (ARU).
The ARU released a statement on Monday night saying it had made the decision to terminate Tuqiri's contract effective immediately but did not detail reasons for the decision.
The ARU says it will not make any further comment on the matter as it may be the subject of legal proceedings, but said it had treated the decision as a "standard employment matter".
One of Australia's highest-paid players, Tuqiri was contracted to the ARU until 2012.
Tuqiri, who played 99 NRL matches with the Brisbane Broncos until 2002, played 67 Tests for the Wallabies but has been on the outer of late under coach Robbie Deans.
He was not selected to play in any of the Wallabies' Tests against Italy and France this year.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/07/01/2614164.htm?section=sport

Got sick of how sh*t Rugby Union is, I bet.
but he would probably be playing union again in france .

Garts

Bench
Probably spat the dummy since he was not making the test side and acted out on the piss.

Timbo

Staff member
Whoa.

I wonder what's happened?

Despite this, he'd still have a binding contract with the NSWRU so I doubt he's going anywhere.

aussies1st

Staff member
Wow wonder what happened. Never really fulfilled his potential in Union but I would take him at the Raiders.

Matt23

Staff member
If he does want to return to the NRL, the NRL should make a special dispensation for him considering they sacked him a day after the NRL deadline expired, more then likely so he could'nt sign with an NRL club.