What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Turner turns on Titans, Resigns with Storm

Surandy

Bench
Willow said:
Turner offcourse. That is when the Storm let him.

But Riolo has to be honest. The NRL have the power to deregister shonky managers.

The question I'd be asking is whether or not Turner is Riolo's client.

So if Riolo is being paid a commission by Turner, correct?

And that commission would normally be based upon the salary the player gets, correct?

The NRL themselves admitted that no contract had been lodged for Steve Turner.

Turner told Riolo he wants to stay in Melbourne, and then signs a contract with Storm for a larger amount of money?

I find it very strange that a player manager would a) disrespect his client's wishes and b) accept less commission. :?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Surandy said:
So if Riolo is being paid a commission by Turner, correct?

And that commission would normally be based upon the salary the player gets, correct?

The NRL themselves admitted that no contract had been lodged for Steve Turner.

Turner told Riolo he wants to stay in Melbourne, and then signs a contract with Storm for a larger amount of money?

I find it very strange that a player manager would a) disrespect his client's wishes and b) accept less commission. :?
One thing you've omitted from all that was that Turner already had a legally binding agreement with the Titans.

Subsequently, the agreement with the Storm was never going to be registered by the NRL.

I don't know what Riolo said to Turner but I doubt he would advise his client to sign a second contract that was never going to be registered by the NRL. It wouldn't be very good for business.

Nor do I think he would invite the Storm to negotiate with his client.

Does it sound like the negotiations between the Storm and Turner were done without Riolo? If so, then let's go back to the question: does Turner consider himself to be Riolo's client? Or more importantly, are the Storm talking to Riolo or are they negotiating directly with Turner? If it is the latter, than I think we can find where the poor business practice is happening.