What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two centuries in two tests!

THE KEGG

Juniors
lol

well done Marto, drop him next test i say :D

lets hope he can get more than 133 and beat his highest score

Disco

Bench
*Basks in the glory of being right*

isn't it funny now that he is making runs there are heaps of people saying "told u so" but when he wasn't it seemed to be only me and Oswin sticking up for him

SirShire

First Grade
Don't push it Bazza. If anyone was the next Don it was Steve Waugh. Punter is the next in line in recent times.

Alan Shore

First Grade
I question Martyn's test credentials moreso than in the ODIs. Katich is better in Tests than Martyn but weaker of the two in ODIs.

Anonymous

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
I question Martyn's test credentials moreso than in the ODIs. Katich is better in Tests than Martyn but weaker of the two in ODIs.

Gee that's a bit harsh. Seeing as though Martyn has 148 ODI's behind him compared to Katich's 6 (for 4 innings) who would you expevt to have a better ODI record?

Comparing their list-a records Martyn has 206 inns at 41.87 whilst Katich has 121 at 39.33, they also both have comprable list-a stats in regards to wickets taken, although Katich has bowled about half as many overs as Martyn.

But I do agree that Katich is a better test player. :D

chinorocks

Juniors
It's fantastic to see Marto doing well again...although I must say he WAS lucky to be in the side having not made a century for 2 years. But all congratulations to him hope he makes heaps more.

The Colonel

Immortal
I must say he has surprised me and on the sub-continent of all places. I still question his position at number four but he has done a good job.

I questioned Damien Martyn's inclusion at the start of the series. But he has played very well over there and was vital in our first test win. At the start of the series he should not have been in the side, but he was given a last chance and took it. Good on him. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Andrew Symonds now has to produce something today.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Good luck to him.

He appears to be very deterimed and obviously boyed by his last ton, although he looked nowhere near as good as he did in the first test.

He should have been out before he scored, if 3rd slip was awake, he was dropped 3 times i think, an LBW that should have been given, and even his shot to get his ton was a typical Marto shot, outside edge with no foot work.

He has had a lot of bad luck, so its about time his fortune changed.

Good luck to him.

Doctor

Bench
I'm often found to be wrong, so I won't bask in any glory of being right on this occassion.

But as I've said before: I've learnt my lesson from bagging out players who are out of form. For too long I've said "x player should be dropped" or "y player is hopeless", only for them to turn around their careers with a torrent of runs or wickets.

Andy Symonds and Marto are the only exceptions to this - I also think it helps players when the public aren't so hell bent on bagging them. It seems their teammates give them support, the opposition know not to underestimate them, but the public (and the media) are too quick to jump on them.

It's a victory for Marto's patience, a sign that he hadn't lost his abilities at all, and a chance for Marto to have his own moment in the sun, basking in his success.

Good on him :clap:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Well he was in good form in Galle, but looks to be back to his poor form at the moment.

Not only did he have some luck yesterday, already in the first 20 minuets he has tried to chop Vass onto his stumps, and Zoysa had him dropped in the slips again.

He may have the runs on the board, but no one will convince me that he is in good form.

I will give him credit for his patience and determination tho.