What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Typhoon Tracy's boy has got a name..hope he lasts longer than "Jimmy"..

Horrie Is God

First Grade
http://www.racenet.com.au/mobile/article_breednet.asp?id=100738

He Has a Name!

Tara Madgwick

He’s one of the most famous thoroughbreds in Australia and yet he’s never set foot on a racecourse, but now that he has a name we can start counting down the days until he does.

He is the first and only foal of Australian Horse of the Year Typhoon Tracy, who died just minutes after his birth in 2012.

Raised by a nanny Clydesdale at Vinery Stud for his owners John and Fu Mei Hutchins, the Street Cry (IRE) colt thrived as a youngster, developing into this stunning colt you see here.

Entered for the 2014 Inglis Australian Easter Yearling Sale, he made headlines again.

Not for topping the sale, but rather for being passed in at $2.1 million, a sum well shy of his $3million reserve.

Taken home and retained to race, the star colt has now been named fittingly, Last Typhoon.

Is it a good name?

Time will tell.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I know Inglis were pissed they took him to sale only for the 2.1m sale topper to be passed in. He looked a cracker when they showed him on thoroughbreds.

andrew057

First Grade
Was a massive fan of TT, earned me plenty of coin.

Hopefully he goes well, love the name also.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
I know Inglis were pissed they took him to sale only for the 2.1m sale topper to be passed in. He looked a cracker when they showed him on thoroughbreds.

I'd be pissed off too..

But i'm glad he'll race here..

$20 million horse if he wins a Gp1 in Sydney or Melbourne..

Was a massive fan of TT, earned me plenty of coin.

Hopefully he goes well, love the name also.

Yep..

Lemon Squash

First Grade
He's a cracking sort, with a cracking pedigree.. I do think they were a tad optimistic asking 3 million for him but all the best too them racing him..

On type he looks a 3yo miler