What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Typical post origin thread.

Monk

Referee
Thoughts on the performances of Pearce and Myles?

Will any Roosters be expecting callups for game 2? (Carney).

Carney had to be called up. Attacks the line, keeps the defence in two minds will he pass will he run and has a great kicking game. Carney linking up with Uate would be deadly.

Soward proved he will forever be a club man. Another Anthony Mundine.

Rooster Legend

Juniors
Myles played really well. I reckon Pearce was solid, and excelled especially in defence.

Kennedy should be picked for Origin 2 if he gets some gametime soon, but other then that, I don't think Carney can get picked unless Soward gets injured.

Kennedy will barely have a game before then. All of the Qld props were fantastic you can't drop any of them for MK. Besides, we need him more than they do

Monk

Referee
I was definitely impressed with Pearce's on-line defence, made some great try saving tackles.

On the Carney note, i think Soward played "average" enough to keep the 6 jersey for game two.

Pearce played one of his best this year. Myles was running hard and bending the line but I didn't see much of him after the second half. Doubt Carney will get a run but Soward offered nothing. Pearce led the way.

Spanner in the works

First Grade
I think Carney could be a great option off the bench in place of Young. Slot Bird or someone in at hooker in defence, but in attack let Carney run the show. He'll make the Queenslanders cry. Pearce was good, but I didn't notice Myles much. Wasn't really looking for him though.

Mong

Post Whore
Carney had to be called up. Attacks the line, keeps the defence in two minds will he pass will he run and has a great kicking game. Carney linking up with Uate would be deadly.

Soward proved he will forever be a club man. Another Anthony Mundine.

:lol::lol:

This should be fun.

How so? Given the lack of go forward from the forwards and the strange apparent game plan to have Pearce do most of the kicking.

What did Pearce do that was so much better than Soward that would see him keep his spot?

Neither should be dropped, it's your kind of mentality that has made it difficult for NSW over the years, as a Queenslander it's funny as to watch.

Ram Man

Juniors
They should make Myles put his QLD jersey on under his roosters jersey every weekend, then maybe he would have a dig like he does for the maroons...he plays ok for us, but nothing near how he plays for the banana benders

:lol::lol:

This should be fun.

How so? Given the lack of go forward from the forwards and the strange apparent game plan to have Pearce do most of the kicking.

What did Pearce do that was so much better than Soward that would see him keep his spot?

Neither should be dropped, it's your kind of mentality that has made it difficult for NSW over the years, as a Queenslander it's funny as to watch.

Soward's complete lack of involvement and desire to get the ball. When he finally gets the ball he fires it off to Gasnier multiple times who then got f**king smashed. Soward kicked in Queensland's half and came up with crap every time the only tine he kicked from our half was on 3rd tackle from dummy half, his grubber kick from 40 out just after the rednecks scored was garbage. Found wanting multiple times defending in the centres, very soft. Simply put he did nothing to get himself involved and if not for his dummy half running in the second half he wouldn't have any stats to speak of.

You can go now

adamkungl

Immortal
Pearce played well, Soward played well enough. Neither will be dropped imo.

Farah, Lewis, TLL, and Hayne need to be in for Young, Creagh, King and Morris.

Slammin_Saint89

Juniors
Pearce went ok but what was the go with him doing the majority of the kicking?! Straight down their throats everytime. Was it sowards lack of desire to touch the ball? Because soward was nearly always in his kicking position that he uses with us yet pearce always managed to get in between him and dummy half. Soward was brilliant in defence, made many crucial one on ones and mopped up at the back. Pearce was good also. Both should stay on but give Soward the lead kicking role.

Mong

Post Whore
Soward's complete lack of involvement and desire to get the ball. When he finally gets the ball he fires it off to Gasnier multiple times who then got f**king smashed. Soward kicked in Queensland's half and came up with crap every time the only tine he kicked from our half was on 3rd tackle from dummy half, his grubber kick from 40 out just after the rednecks scored was garbage. Found wanting multiple times defending in the centres, very soft. Simply put he did nothing to get himself involved and if not for his dummy half running in the second half he wouldn't have any stats to speak of.

You can go now

You simply have no idea. Why NSW kept throwing it to Pearce is a mystery, Sowsrd was there but they chose not to use him.. Makes no sense.

Neither half did much, I note you haven't commented on Pearce not doing much, but neither can be blamed. Instead of embarrassing yourself further banging on about Soward have a look at the pack your halves were behind.

That was your issue.

Cliffhanger

Coach
Myles was good, Pearce was pretty solid too.

This thread is about Pearce and Myles' efforts so STFU about Soward you muppets.

Soward was the one kicking in attacking positions you dope. Pearce was kicking from inside our 30. Pearce made 3 or 4 try savers in 2 sets ffs Soward was found standing like a statue for the game winner but he made a few game changing tackles on kick chases so that evens it up but standing around waitng sums him up. His kicks were shit it's no surprise he was snubbed.

Soward didn't look to get involved at all, the Bennett protection plan doesn't happen under Stuart. Pearce passed well bar one shocker, Soward set up Gasnier to get smashed multiple times. Pearce on the left with Bird, Jennings, Dugan on the run around was dangerous and they were all involved in both tries.

If NSW want to win game 2 Carney must play

Mong

Post Whore
Hahahaha

They snubbed the best kicker in the game..

And are you really trying to lay blame on Soward for Slaters try?

Really?

You really do have no idea.. Your teams issues were in the forwards, every one can see it, cept you of course.

Point to where I said Soward was to blame fir the try.

Best kicker in the game? How come his attacking kicks came up with nothing? Bomb too deep, kicking from dummy half to Boyd, grubbering from 40 out to nobody just after going 10-0 down. Soward's involvement was nothing.

Latest posts