What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrell Sloan

st.phil

Bench
Hook by all accounts wants Norman to stay. Looks like Possm's favourite retention guru Millward wants him gone as Hook stated he tried hard to convince them to keep him but they want to go a different path.
think it's more outward signalling from Hook re "Corey" knowing he needs more from him this year - he gets what he wants so outranks Millward well and truly, he can see what we see

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
I see no point in retaining Norman, he is not a leader and is a lazy player. You have Amone, Sullivan and Bird and I suggested on other thread add someone like Cade Cust. The only string Norman adds is a kicking game, which 75% of the time goes straight to the fullback or wingers anyway. The 3 year experiment should be done.

denis preston

First Grade
I see no point in retaining Norman, he is not a leader and is a lazy player. You have Amone, Sullivan and Bird and I suggested on other thread add someone like Cade Cust. The only string Norman adds is a kicking game, which 75% of the time goes straight to the fullback or wingers anyway. The 3 year experiment should be done.
Wasn't he told officially last week that he wouldn't be retained ?

Como Connection

First Grade
Normy has played very well this year behind a very indifferent forward pack.
CC

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
What happened to claiming we shouldn't let Dufty go and Hook has no idea what he's doing?
You're attributing words and quotes I didn't say . I've never suggested keeping Dufty as a full-back- and so it makes sense not to play him in that position again.
I did suggest it made sense to keep him and play him in the halves where his defensive issues can be better protected with a strong defender in tow (as we did in the past with Soward and Beau Scott). Dufty may have performed in a less distracted, more interested manner against the Bulldogs if he'd been offered this carrot.

BLM01

First Grade
You're attributing words and quotes I didn't say . I've never suggested keeping Dufty as a full-back- and so it makes sense not to play him in that position again.
I did suggest it made sense to keep him and play him in the halves where his defensive issues can be better protected with a strong defender in tow (as we did in the past with Soward and Beau Scott). Dufty may have performed in a less distracted, more interested manner against the Bulldogs if he'd been offered this carrot.
Dufty never really liked organising other players
how was he meant to be a 6
These days protection does not happen much any more, game sped up since 2011

True_Believer

Juniors

OK, so you are suggesting Hook should have offered to play him in a position he's never played in at NRL level, hasn't trained in at NRL level and hasn't played in for years just so he doesn't play "distracted"? Ahead of other promising juniors who actually play in that position? OK. In one breath you are saying he shouldn't be picked at FB for poor performance, but then you are saying he needs to be offered another important position as a 'carrot' to play better? Yep, that makes sense.

Maybe if he showed consistency as a fullback over the past however many years he's been playing in the NRL he'd still have a contract from next year. Hell no other team in the NRL has offered him a contract. That tells me all I need to know. He shouldn't need a 'carrot'. He's already playing in arguably the most important position in the modern game. He should be making every effort to play his best in that position week in and week out - and the Bulldogs game proved he can't do that.

He's more rocks than diamonds and has been for the entirety of his career. The club has made the right choice.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
OK, so you are suggesting Hook should have offered to play him in a position he's never played in at NRL level, hasn't trained in at NRL level and hasn't played in for years just so he doesn't play "distracted"? Ahead of other promising juniors who actually play in that position? OK. In one breath you are saying he shouldn't be picked at FB for poor performance, but then you are saying he needs to be offered another important position as a 'carrot' to play better? Yep, that makes sense.

Maybe if he showed consistency as a fullback over the past however many years he's been playing in the NRL he'd still have a contract from next year. Hell no other team in the NRL has offered him a contract. That tells me all I need to know. He shouldn't need a 'carrot'. He's already playing in arguably the most important position in the modern game. He should be making every effort to play his best in that position week in and week out - and the Bulldogs game proved he can't do that.

He's more rocks than diamonds and has been for the entirety of his career. The club has made the right choice.
Your blood pressure is obviously rising TB and in the interests of your health probably best to agree to disagree- fair enough?

Saint Pete

Juniors
Sloan “Ranger” shows he’s ready for NRL! Another product of that great RL nursery Dapto HS along with Bob Fulton, Ted Goodwin, Paul McGregor, Steve Morris, Dean Young, etc.

bluefox68

Staff member
Welcome to the madhouse, Saint Pete!

Tyrell obviously had some good indigenous support, according to the media - with Foxx, Latrell and Wighton all giving words of encouragement directly to him!

BBTB

Juniors

Think Dufty, could make a good, backline utility Opption. Bring him on after 30min.See if he can sniff out a try.

Dragon David

First Grade
Welcome to the Forum Saint Pete. The Dapto High School has educated some high profile rugby league players over the decades. You have named several and we hope that that young fellow, Tyrell Sloan, continues the trend.

Looking forward to your future posts.

Saint Pete

Juniors
Welcome to the Forum Saint Pete. The Dapto High School has educated some high profile rugby league players over the decades. You have named several and we hope that that young fellow, Tyrell Sloan, continues the trend.

Looking forward to your future posts.
Thank you DD! I know you are a loyal Dragon!