What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrell Sloan

rasaint

Juniors
I have been a supporter of Matt Dufty. I have never said he is a ‘super star’ but a wonderful flyer who has scored 45 NRL trys with plenty of individual and long range brilliance plus handy passing game. It’s therefore obvious we could have kept him for 300 k for another year ( sausage gate fine lines up at about a player on 350 to 400k comparisons rough guide).
I am very pleased for Tyrell Sloan last night. I am also pleased that you can chalk Tyrell down as a genuinely quick player. Tyrell was very quick in his two main highlights last night. Plus he caught a very difficult high ball and others generally.
I agree try and keep Tyrell fullback and get Matt Dufty on the park somewhere maybe at 5/8 or centre or winger with the solid Beale to centre.
Yes I know it sounds a bit weird. But poor Billy Burns hasn’t got the speed for centre.
It would be interesting to see Matt and Tyrell together on the field.

blacksafake

First Grade
I would be prone next week to try Dufty at 5/8 at least for a half w say Bird to jump in to 5/8 if it goes pear shaped...keep sloan fullback..
Desperate times call for desperate measures.
How about playing him off the bench & bringing him on for a couple of spurts at dummy half with instructions to run.
Defensively risky but as my first line says.
……………

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
its a funny thing assessing a footy player in their first season

within in 2 games wow the data and the trajectory is building nicely to support TS as a very exciting player of the future....was only 18yrs old a month a go !!!!

Spazer

Juniors
Hook needs to start filtering the other 2 into games ..... the sooner the better .....
Yep, apart from his kicking game I don't see any other value in playing norman.

I think our best spine, if we were to include the youngsters, could eventually be sloan, amone, sulli and hunt. Not sure where hook wants to play amone if hunt is our perma half, though.

Yep, apart from his kicking game I don't see any other value in playing norman.

I think our best spine, if we were to include the youngsters, could eventually be sloan, amone, sulli and hunt. Not sure where hook wants to play amone if hunt is our perma half, though.
Hunt 9
Sullivan 7
Amone 6
Sloan/Ramsey 1

Rava 2
Lomax 3
Fegai 4
Fegai 5

Bird to edge second row

Mjab

Juniors
Hunt will be 7
that’s what he wants and Hook will oblige
possibly fair enough
I think Hunt has 1 yr more Macca so that year move him full time hooker and young halves will have more experience
Amone and Sullivan in halves too much inexperience
not sure about Sullivan’s durability as well
Amone 14 with some time at hooker and back substitute

i heard someone say they are looking at 13 for him but he looks too small at this stage

George Sancti

Juniors
As we are still in the contest, I believe we need to field the team that will give us the best chance of playing finals this year. As much as I would like to see Sullivan given the opportunity at five eight, his injuries and lack of game time would make it very difficult for him to play the 80 minutes.

For the next couple of games, I would like to see the following spine selected:

1 – Sloan
6 – Dufty
7 – Hunt
9 – McCullough

If we fail to win at least one of our next two games then it may be time to experiment with Sullivan and Amone.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
As we are still in the contest, I believe we need to field the team that will give us the best chance of playing finals this year. As much as I would like to see Sullivan given the opportunity at five eight, his injuries and lack of game time would make it very difficult for him to play the 80 minutes.

For the next couple of games, I would like to see the following spine selected:

1 – Sloan
6 – Dufty
7 – Hunt
9 – McCullough

If we fail to win at least one of our next two games then it may be time to experiment with Sullivan and Amone.
I don't think Dufty will ever be 6 under Hook. Hopefully 6 will be Amone or Sullivan, maybe Clunes. I hope not Norman.

George Sancti

Juniors
I don't think Dufty will ever be 6 under Hook. Hopefully 6 will be Amone or Sullivan, maybe Clunes. I hope not Norman.
You may be right OED.

I would put Dufty at five eight primarily for his passing game. I feel that he would give our outside backs good service and possibly bring the fullback into the line more effectively.

redv13

Bench
You may be right OED.

I would put Dufty at five eight primarily for his passing game. I feel that he would give our outside backs good service and possibly bring the fullback into the line more effectively.
Lol please. Some people seem to forget that Dufty will probably have to make 20+ tackles at 5/8. Could you imagine Dave Fifita running at Dufty about 10 times on Sunday. This horseshit of Dufty at 5/8 is ludicrous. It’s not oztag out there. If he can’t play fullback then it’s bye bye time

George Sancti

Juniors
Lol please. Some people seem to forget that Dufty will probably have to make 20+ tackles at 5/8. Could you imagine Dave Fifita running at Dufty about 10 times on Sunday. This horseshit of Dufty at 5/8 is ludicrous. It’s not oztag out there. If he can’t play fullback then it’s bye bye time
Dufty would have trouble with a rampaging David Fifita. However, I think Norman and the young blokes may struggle as well. Whoever plays five eight will require a well conceived game plan.

Kolum Kid

Juniors
I agree. Dufty passing is a one trick pony. Long bullet pass to the winger. Sooner or later the better teams will be picking them off for length of the field tries. Just my view.