What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrell Sloan

Dragon David

First Grade
I agree. Dufty passing is a one trick pony. Long bullet pass to the winger. Sooner or later the better teams will be picking them off for length of the field tries. Just my view.
He just needs to have it in his armoury and do them when he can either throw or dummy and run. It is something we need to bring back into our attack.

Spazer

Juniors
I agree. Dufty passing is a one trick pony. Long bullet pass to the winger. Sooner or later the better teams will be picking them off for length of the field tries. Just my view.
I agree, it's his specialty, but at the end of the day it's still working for him.

It's actually quite difficult to defend against, watch ado carr in magic round attempt the intercept against duftys floater, he misses and leaves a complete overlap. It's not as simple as just going for the intercept and scoring down the other end, you'd get baited more often than not.

Crush

Coach
Sloan has to start at fullback for the rest of the season. He looks completely up to it. We only have 7 more weeks, perfect opportunity for him to lock down that position long term.
Amone plays 6. He’s bigger and stronger than Sullivan at this stage.
McCulloch starts 9 with Clune on the bench for relief.
1. Sloan
6. Amone
7. Hunt
9. McCulloch
14. Clune

Dufty and Norman can sit on the sidelines, not wanted. If you cannot tackle you cannot wear the jersey.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Looking forward to more games from Sloan. Puts a huge smile on my face seeing him playing 1st grade.
Gets my vote for best story of the year-BUT... as talented as Tyrell is, this Xavier Savage at the Raiders looks an absolute excitement machine-wouldn't mind both of them in our team. I think Charnz might struggle to reclaim his spot.

denis preston

First Grade
Sloan has to start at fullback for the rest of the season. He looks completely up to it. We only have 7 more weeks, perfect opportunity for him to lock down that position long term.
Amone plays 6. He’s bigger and stronger than Sullivan at this stage.
McCulloch starts 9 with Clune on the bench for relief.
1. Sloan
6. Amone
7. Hunt
9. McCulloch
14. Clune

Dufty and Norman can sit on the sidelines, not wanted. If you cannot tackle you cannot wear the jersey.

Geez, after 46 missed tackles last week that's a lot of contracted players in the stands ! !

This Year?

Immortal
Gets my vote for best story of the year-BUT... as talented as Tyrell is, this Xavier Savage at the Raiders looks an absolute excitement machine-wouldn't mind both of them in our team. I think Charnz might struggle to reclaim his spot.
Savage has a helluva name and a helluva step. His steps reminded me of Tedesco when he 1st came onto the scene. Isn't it great to see the new blood bringing excitement to the game.

Sloan is a bit over 6 foot or 185cm but only weighs 84kg, he is not small but if he can pack on another 8kg of muscle, it will make a lot of difference. He certainly is much more than a promising player at this stage. It will be interesting to watch his development.

George Dragon

Juniors
Tyrell Sloan has given Dragons fans further reason to be optimistic about the future after dominating Telstra Tracker leaderboards for the second time in as many NRL matches.

In a rare achievement, the smooth-moving rookie fullback finished first in round 18 for total distance (9.68km), average metres per minute (103.7m) and high-speed distance above 20km/h (761m).

The 19-year-old also ranked fourth for maximum velocity with 35.2km/h - Cowboys flyer Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (36.8km/h) was quickest.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Tyrell Sloan has given Dragons fans further reason to be optimistic about the future after dominating Telstra Tracker leaderboards for the second time in as many NRL matches.

In a rare achievement, the smooth-moving rookie fullback finished first in round 18 for total distance (9.68km), average metres per minute (103.7m) and high-speed distance above 20km/h (761m).

The 19-year-old also ranked fourth for maximum velocity with 35.2km/h - Cowboys flyer Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow (36.8km/h) was quickest.

Silky Sloan, hopefully that sticks as a nickname.

I think our long term fullback question has been answered. After a full offseason he’ll be awesome in ‘22

Dragon David

First Grade
Still dont know why he isn't playing ahead of Pereria and even feagal .
My feeling is that Hook doesn't want to use Sloan a lot just yet. Hook definitely has him as the full back for 2022 but Hook wants to gradually get him to experience some first grade game time but at the same time not over do it in his development and progress to hamper anything until the off-season during which he will have increased muscle and weight growth.

A friend of mine who has been part of his education in high school considers Sloan to be set for 2022.