What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrell Sloan

Dragonsteve2

Juniors
While not feeling qualified to enter the debate over whether the club is best suited to Sloan being currently in the NRL or NSW Cup teams, I recall something I couldn't understand last season. Before being called up for his initial NRL game Tyrell played a couple of games on the wing in NSW Cup. Seemed illogical at the time, now even more so.
A couple of other points - in the current gloomy atmosphere of the Forum I can only recall reading one post recognising Mbye appearing to make a better fist of his 2nd game at fullback than his first. In addition, Suli has seen much more of the ball in the last two games. Is that as a result of better service from the Hunt/Bird combo or because Bird is not out on the left demanding as much ball as he can get?

The kid is all class.
Let’s get behind him and support him.
Not everyone has a fantastic game each week.
Those bombs that Campbell was kicking would be a nightmare to catch.
Plenty of other fullbacks at Magic Round had trouble with high kicks in the wet as well.
We believe in you Tyrell, don’t read into all the armchair coaches out there.
Stay positive, reflect and learn. Then come out and show everyone what a class act u r, both on and off the field.
You got this 👍

Kolum Kid

Juniors
The kid is all class.
Plenty of other fullbacks at Magic Round had trouble with high kicks in the wet as well.
Stay positive, reflect and learn. Then come out and show everyone what a class act u r, both on and off the field.
You got this 👍
Dead right. His attacking ability and sniffing around the ball is exciting. Some work needed on the high balls. I'm sure he will make it.

justadragon

Bench
I just hope the club AND coaching staff are supporting the kid.

Can anyone remember back to 2006 and 2007 and the way the Morris twins were playing?

They had very poor hands in the early days but both went onto to becomes elite players.

Patience.
Dead right, pick'em and stick with em, yeah sure there is a time limit for development and improvement but its way more than what these kids have had, and I'm talking at least a full season,,,

justadragon

Bench
Spot on justadragon.
I just don't think last weekend was the best night to bring Sloane back in.
A dry track would have been a better time to bring him back into first grade. Sloane best attribute is speed and ability to evade defenders and the coach brings him back on a wet track.
im with you dragon thomo, look ive watched the replay and there was way more good in sloan than bad, yeah sure there were some major errors but there also was a lot more on offer from him as well, in conditions that didnt suit him, he was under pressure to impress the coach for starters, for me he is our future one and deserves to be there regardless, i will be pretty pissed if he is not next game.

Spazer

Juniors
Agree with everything posted.

Sloan had the second most run metres behind suli and had some good offloads , he stopped a Tino line break and he was quick to clean up the grubbers in goal, too. He only made 2 errors, they were in bad moments of the game but probably wouldn't have happened if we had a stronger lead.

Not the end for him, Hunt would know exactly what he's going through with all the media bs and should be able to help him up. I really hope Griffin can stick with him.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
The kid is all class.
You got this 👍
Even the elite full-backs Gutherson ( got nutmegged leading to a try from Tedesco) and Tedesco (terrible missed tackle) had issues in those conditions. T was creating half chances and the class is there for all to see- including you Hook- don't even think about dropping him again.

Crush

Coach
I think Sloan has to attempt to catch the bombs, he can’t let them bounce. If he drops a few, so be it but needs to have a crack, otherwise the opposition smell blood in the water and will pepper him all day long.
Good luck to him this weekend, I hope he kills it!

BLM01

First Grade
Spot on justadragon.
I just don't think last weekend was the best night to bring Sloane back in.
A dry track would have been a better time to bring him back into first grade. Sloane best attribute is speed and ability to evade defenders and the coach brings him back on a wet track.
It was a good week to do it. These young kids have got to learn in all sorts of conditions how to manage and change your game to suit.

Latest posts