What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrell Sloan

dungay dragon

Juniors
Sloan didn't do himself any favours with his game today. His lack of effort at times was perplexing. Hook's decision seems very sensible now.
Got to agree.Only watched first half..made a wonderful try saving tackle , but after that was found out of position for the first two knights tries ..Didnt show a lot of urgency and wasnt that involved
Gee , a number of players esp the forwards had a wonderful opportunity to display their talents , being on fox sports , but sadly none stood out consistently..Little pressure being put on our under performing First grade pack

Dragon David

First Grade
Got to agree.Only watched first half..made a wonderful try saving tackle , but after that was found out of position for the first two knights tries ..Didnt show a lot of urgency and wasnt that involved
Gee , a number of players esp the forwards had a wonderful opportunity to display their talents , being on fox sports , but sadly none stood out consistently..Little pressure being put on our under performing First grade pack
I'm starting to think that the guys playing in reserves don't give a flying eff for some reason. The reserves started off badly, then they won a few games quite well and now in the past couple of weeks have fallen in a hole like as if several players don't care.

This is one of the reasons why our first grade team are up and down - no pressure from the reserves players.

dungay dragon

Juniors
I'm starting to think that the guys playing in reserves don't give a flying eff for some reason. The reserves started off badly, then they won a few games quite well and now in the past couple of weeks have fallen in a hole like as if several players don't care.

This is one of the reasons why our first grade team are up and down - no pressure from the reserves players.
Take a look at the forward pack v Knights today
Bar Connor they have all had first grade experience , but couldnt dominate
still think Hunt Coric and Ford are worth plenty of thought
keep an eye on Alverado...was effective and added plenty of thrust when he came on

dungay dragon

Juniors
If you are reading this thread Tyrell I just want to say:

1. We believe in you and your future
2. You are an amazing talent
3. Trolls will always kick you when you are down
4. Regroup
5. Work hard
6. You will be back
7. The timing of your return to first grade is in your hands
Well Said
Perhaps George Dragon or others can provide us with a brief run down on some of these youngsters earlier form and preferred positions
ie Tyrell and Matt F in particular..
In their early days of top grade the youngsters are usually played out of position ..Always thought Cody was a winger but then read somewhere his preferred position is full back
Like Matt F..looks to be a centre to me , but may have to wait as our two are going ok

BBTB

Juniors
Take a look at the forward pack v Knights today
Bar Connor they have all had first grade experience , but couldnt dominate
still think Hunt Coric and Ford are worth plenty of thought
keep an eye on Alverado...was effective and added plenty of thrust when he came on
Muhleisen,Hunt & Coric look like they might develop into
1st grade players. But Ford NO , he's had many chances.
Yesterday's game in Reserves, saw him wandering around in the background yesterday. Seems to lose concentration easy.

Illusion

Bench
Ramsey had a great game yesterday and needs to be in the team , somewhere but lets not forget about Sloane for me just my opinion, , Sloane is a gifted player with a lot of flair more than Ramsey ..... What Ramsey has on Sloane is his grittiness no fear and enthusiasm ....... Given time would love to have him Ramsey , Sloane , Sully , Amone all playing and starting .......

dungay dragon

Juniors
Muhleisen,Hunt & Coric look like they might develop into
1st grade players. But Ford NO , he's had many chances.
Yesterday's game in Reserves, saw him wandering around in the background yesterday. Seems to lose concentration easy.
Watched Kerr yesterday...For the first 15 mins dominated the opposition esp with his charges , then like all else went into his shell ..Gee , if someone could unlock the key to this guy , could be a major player,,Many have tried,,

Trifili13

Juniors
I could be wrong but someone like Ford might be too good for the second tier but not up to first grade standard on a week to week basis. Correct me if I am wrong but he has been in and out of first grade for the past 2 to 3 years and if he was going to nail down a position he would have done it by now. Not saying that he won't but unlikely in my opinion, he has had his chances.

And i think that is part of our problem. We build these young guys up and cling onto the hope they nail down a place, while the more ruthless clubs move them on.

Dragon David

First Grade
I could be wrong but someone like Ford might be too good for the second tier but not up to first grade standard on a week to week basis. Correct me if I am wrong but he has been in and out of first grade for the past 2 to 3 years and if he was going to nail down a position he would have done it by now. Not saying that he won't but unlikely in my opinion, he has had his chances.

And i think that is part of our problem. We build these young guys up and cling onto the hope they nail down a place, while the more ruthless clubs move them on.
I don't think that the club does much in the way of mentoring the players in all grades. The ressies players seem to look down a lot and go into their shell and they need geeing up.

When the chips are down, someone has got to get them motivated because I think they lack any motivation at the moment.

BLM01

First Grade

We have moved plenty on since 2020, cant do it all in one go. Plenty more at this years end too!.
Ford may be one of them

Pro Dragons

Juniors
It was sad to watch Sloane playing like a young kid on debut when he was a confident and tremendous attacking player before Hook dropped him to reserves. Good coaches know their players and can pull the right strings to get the best out of them. Hook appears not to be able to do this and Sloane’s career may suffer. The fans would be disappointed either way if Sloane fades away or he leaves to a club with a better system and coach. If he stays in reserves for an extended period I would not begrudge him if he went to Bennett at the Dolphins or any other club that can get the best out of him. I’m a very loyal Dragons fan so please don’t tar and feather me but I hate seeing this happening to such a nice kid with plenty of talent.

RedVee_8

Juniors
Ramsey had a great game yesterday and needs to be in the team , somewhere but lets not forget about Sloane for me just my opinion, , Sloane is a gifted player with a lot of flair more than Ramsey ..... What Ramsey has on Sloane is his grittiness no fear and enthusiasm ....... Given time would love to have him Ramsey , Sloane , Sully , Amone all playing and starting .......
Ramsey is also ~ 2 years older than Sloan and had pretty much a full year in first grade last year. That helps.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors

Originally Ford seemed likely to develop into a Beau Scott type utility- he had a good motor, was quick and big enough to slot into the back row or centres. However, he has not improved and now rarely seems to break the line, pull off a big hit or produce an offload. Fuimaono is another who hasn't improved since coming to this club- certainly his disciplinary issues haven't- and seems destined to go up and down in the NRL/KOE lift. Considering what the Storm does with average players, you'd have to say that poor coaching is part of the problem.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Ramsey is also ~ 2 years older than Sloan and had pretty much a full year in first grade last year. That helps.

Ramsey did play well but he had one natural advantage that Sloane didn't in his (Sloane's) last two NRL outings - he played in daylight. Nighttime and lights creates problems (along with wet, windy weather) that playing in day light doesn't.

I watched Sloane in the KOE game yesterday and he pulled off a great cover defending tackle and was involved in attack as well as you could be with a new backline that was shaking hands with one another before the game. However, he failed a high ball test with three Knights defenders bearing down on him and has clearly lost confidence. This is where I fear that Hook, living up to his nickname, (the "old school", one bad game and you're gone approach) is the wrong kind of coach for Tyrell.