What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyrone May

BxTom

Bench
Stuck around for a bit after his NRL debut in 2008 (I think to 2010?) and then went back home to Grenfell and played out his career there, I think as captain-coach towards the end.
Grenfell used to have a top union side back in the 90's. They were the envy of the district. The Grenfell Goannas (RL) on the other hand used be the easybeats, probably because all the good footy player played for the union side. Don't know if it has changed...

DinkyDi

Juniors
Proper jobs only pay $50-$75k.

When your accustomed to earning $250k or more I’m not sure that is easy to give up. I couldn’t do it.

If he can’t get a start somewhere in the NRL and I think he will, he can always have a season or two in the ESL on pretty similar money.

He‘ll get a gig somewhere. He’ll be fine I’m sure.

Hes already had one ACL issue, really needs to make the best of the next five years or so,not the quickest player running around so has to maximise his earning potential in his next five seasons as he is unlikely to be playing at the top level in his thirties.
With his conviction, that move may prove problematic.

The_Frog

First Grade
Grenfell used to have a top union side back in the 90's. They were the envy of the district. The Grenfell Goannas (RL) on the other hand used be the easybeats, probably because all the good footy player played for the union side. Don't know if it has changed...
It was like this when I lived there in the mid 70's as well.

murraymob

Coach
It has the bato got a few good players to play up there make up a few of the team

Utility, not about starting 13, just the perfect 14. Can play half a dozen positions when called upon.
In a world where concussion protocols lead to lots of disruption on the field, versatile and intelligent players like May are quite valuable. I personally feel he will find a role somewhere else in the NRL.

Iamback

Coach
In a world where concussion protocols lead to lots of disruption on the field, versatile and intelligent players like May are quite valuable. I personally feel he will find a role somewhere else in the NRL.

That is the question mark moving forward for us. Having a bench capable of covering several positions