What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tyson Frizell

Fire

First Grade
This kid had an awesome game against South Sydney tonight. A very strong runner of the ball. With Hos coming back from injury and this kid joining us, I have hope for 2013.

possm

Coach
This kid had an awesome game against South Sydney tonight. A very strong runner of the ball. With Hos coming back from injury and this kid joining us, I have hope for 2013.

Not if Price is coach

blacklock

Juniors
"The Dragons have also announced Tyson Frizell has agreed to a two-year contract that will see him join the Club next season until at least the end of 2014.The versatile Wales international and former Australian Rugby Union Schoolboy is currently contracted to the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks and will join the Dragons in November."

http://www.dragons.com.au/news-display/53132
wow he was awesome! good buy!

giboz71

First Grade
Frizell is the back rower we have lacked since Smith and Costigan left. A back rower with good leg drive who is a threat close to the line.

Will be good to have him next year to add some attacking optIons in the forwards, something we have lacked the last 2 years, where we have persisted with Prior and Young.

Divine

Bench
As they said in commentary last night looks like a running back in NFL...good for 10 metres ...with the the bulk to do it consistently.

possm

Coach
It would be great if we could get Smith back for 2013. Just imagine this 30 man squad coached by Potter or Brown in 2013:

1. Beale
2. Morris
3. C Stanley
4. Cooper (vc)
5, Nightingale
6. Soward (c)
7. Jacob Miller
8. Weyman
9. Rein
10. Smith
11. Creagh
12. Frizell
13. Prior - instructions to only tackle, tackle and tackle. No hit ups at all.

Bench
14. Hunt - prop rotation
15. King - Hooker rotation
16. Merrin - prop and backrow rotation
17. De Belin - backrow rotation

Reserves - Start off in Cutters or NYC
18. Cummins
19. Goodwin
20. Green
21. Charly Runciman
22. K Stanley
23. Sam Clune
24. Mathews
25. Stockwell
26. Marketo
27. Vidot
28. Jarrad Hickey
29. Shannon Wakeman
30. Jarrod Thompson

This squad is complied under the assumption that the Dragons will only have enough money to recruit Beale, Frizell, Smith and Jacob Miller for 2013.

It is also assumed that Hornby and Fein will not retire and free up the necessary cap and cash to recruit more players. So Hornby, Fein and other players not mentioned but under contract next year would play for the Cutters.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Sorry to see him go.. He is going to be a great 2nd rower. If we didnt have so much depth there he would have played more games.

Redhoopz

Juniors
I don't think we have missed him at all. From what I remember, his last two seasons with the Dragons were pretty average. I couldn't remember him making many line breaks and on the odd occasion he got some space, his passing was terrible. I always put it down to the way Mary used him.

Could never fault his effort though.