What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UEFA Champions League 2009/10

weasel

First Grade
Both calls were very close, Pique looks offside from the television angle but it really didn't give a good impression of the position of the defenders on the farside of the box, marginal decision.

Keita's handball? Hmm, I will go with the ref's decision here, if it does connect with his hand it's only slight at best, most of the contact is definitely with his chest, but at full speed it's easy to think there's some clear hand contact.

Ridders

Coach
I won't lie. I was about to erupt when that Bojan shot went in.

Football's a cruel mistress.

Bulldog Force

Referee
We didn't deserve to win this. Inter defended their guts out and deserved the win. Falling over the at the last hurdle. The only thing more depressing is losing in the final. GO BAYERN!

Panther_Daz

Staff member
So Sneijder and Robben return to the ground that they were shown the door at last Summer. Both have been instrumental in their teams run to the Final. Well done Real for cutting them!

Tekken Lord

Juniors
A win for football. The right team went through. Inter deserved it. They must beat Bayern. Hate it if Bayern won this year, they can win next year. This year belongs to Inter.

What's the point on spending big on Ibrahimobitch if you're going to play Pique as a striker when it really matters. Zlatan looks a worse signing than Berbatov. 46 mil. euro + Eto'o for Ibrahimovic :lol:

Last edited:

weasel

First Grade
Honestly, I feel embarassed for people who can classify a match where one team played 90 minutes with pretty much no intention but to have ten men behind the ball the whole time a win for football. If this kind of gameplan brings success, and inspires others to adopt it, long term it's going to be to the detriment of us the viewers.

I s'pose bitterness forces some to plumb some pretty pathetic depths.

Tekken Lord

Juniors
Honestly, I feel embarassed for people who can classify a match where one team played 90 minutes with pretty much no intention but to have ten men behind the ball the whole time a win for football. If this kind of gameplan brings success, and inspires others to adopt it, long term it's going to be to the detriment of us the viewers.

Tbf Motta's red card left Inter with no other choice. Barca's one shot on target against Chelsea was supposedly a win for football, I see no difference here. Its amusing tongue in cheek, get over it.

How else do Inter win? Football is attack and defence, both are of equal importance. Just because one is more aesthetic doesn't mean the other should be frowned upon. Not many teams are capable of doing what Inter did this tie. Detriment to the viewers? Please, wasn't Barca's lack of any real imagination also a detriment? I suppose you would prefer Inter to be tactically naive and reckless as Arsenal? All tactics are vallid. Inter's defensive game was great to watch. Defending well is not anti-football; diving, playacting, and deliberately fouling are.

Last edited:

The Tank

Bench

Tongue in cheek

Bulldog Force

Referee
Congrats Inter, Im glad that if we had to lose, it was to an Italian side, I will be cheering them on in the final.

I am f**king outraged with Sergio Busquets and that sh*t, f**k that was awful, i hate that sh*t in our game and when a player from the team i support does it, its f**king embarrassing. Hopefully they somehow let Thiago Motta play in the final. Besides all that, before the red card, Inter actually seemed to be playing football, the game was a more open affair and we could have got the 2 goals easily imo.

Piques goal was easily onside.

Ive said it since we signed him, but Zlatan doesnt fit our system, he doesnt have the technique. Horrible signing.

Bojan is far from overrated.

On replays, Toure handballed. But live, i never heard the whistle, so when bojan "scored" i was going f**king crazy in my living room, only to go back to sadness :(

Latest posts