What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Um.. what do you call it ... thats right, THE DOGS CHOKED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByRd

First Grade
How is it considered a choke when we fought throughout the whole game and didnt give up like the st merge scum. And also, your fullback (and one of our most influential players) goes off in the 1st minute meaning a massive change to our game and players being put out of position.

And then Goodwin being sent to disney land and after the game K.Moore said he didnt know where he was most of the night and also Hannant had a partial dislocation thanks to that great tackle by Keating/Hindmarsh, but yes we chocked.

IFR33K

Coach
Parra played far too dirty in the first half for me to want to cheer for them. Sorry NSW.

WTF???? The only thing dirty, is the ass holes of half the teams in the NRL, after the eels f**ked them.

BTW merkins, competitions are not decided in rounds 1-26, they are decided in September and October.

All teams played equal amounts of games, and the eels managed to slip not stumble into the finals. Saying they don't deserve a premiership or melbourne deserve it more, is the most absurd thing I have heard.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Suck sh*t Timmah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol oh and Commiserations to the other Doggies fans good luck next season...

Y2Eel

First Grade
How is it considered a choke when we fought throughout the whole game and didnt give up like the st merge scum. And also, your fullback (and one of our most influential players) goes off in the 1st minute meaning a massive change to our game and players being put out of position.

And then Goodwin being sent to disney land and after the game K.Moore said he didnt know where he was most of the night and also Hannant had a partial dislocation thanks to that great tackle by Keating/Hindmarsh, but yes we chocked.

There was no way he had anything wrong with him he pushed Hindmarsh with the same arm for god sake..

Eelementary

Post Whore
what difference does it make if a nsw team wins the G/F. the eels do not deserve it. The storm atleast a going for four straight G/f appearances. out of the last 3 sides still in the storm desreve it most

bullsh*t.

As for Dogs fans, you had a remarkable season and you should be proud. I, for one, was nervous last night and didn't think we could win, to be honest.

Eelementary

Post Whore
is a rugby league season based on 26 rounds or winning last four games in the finals?
Parra have lost more games than than they won in the 26 rounds yet they only scrape in the top eight now all of a sudden they deserve to be in the G/F. GIVE ME A BREAK

teams like BRONCOS,STORM,DRAGONS,DOGS did it hard during the 26 rounds with the rep season and still finished top four. these teams i think desrve it alot more dont you think

Once again - bullsh*t. In 2001 we thrashed everyone in the regular season. But guess what? We weren't good enough come Grand Final night and were ambushed by a red-hot Knights side. History says they are the Premiers, despite the arguable fact we were probably the best side overall for 2001.

The team that gets to the Grand Final and wins it deserves every accolade they get,

Y2Eel

First Grade
is a rugby league season based on 26 rounds or winning last four games in the finals?
Parra have lost more games than than they won in the 26 rounds yet they only scrape in the top eight now all of a sudden they deserve to be in the G/F. GIVE ME A BREAK

teams like BRONCOS,STORM,DRAGONS,DOGS did it hard during the 26 rounds with the rep season and still finished top four. these teams i think desrve it alot more dont you think

The eels won more games then they lost..

The Broncos had a sh*t season until last few weeks

Many same as the broncos

Dont the titans get a mention? they finished 3rd

Willow

Assistant Moderator
lol at the amount of dragons fans in here though, hmmm wonder if parra lose the gf if the parra forum will be inundated with CHOKERS posts by dragons fans???
Most of the trolling in recent times has been from Parramatta and Canterbury supporters in the Dragons forum. Over the last six weeks in particular. I never condone revenge trolling, but you can see why it happens. Unfortunately what comes around, comes around again.

aussie7798

First Grade
thats the only reason i'm here because of the torrent of abuse the dragons fans have had to take during the season mostly from ill informed dogs supporters who keep on trotting out the bloody t shirt story despite the fact that the NRL HOLDS ALL RIGHTS TO PREMIERSHIP MERCHANDISE

canterbury in my book is only a small step above cronulla

Time to go and buy another whole squad fellas get a few more broncos players in there to stop you from choking

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
1. You are one of the dumbest tards on this entire forum
2. What did you say, tough guy?

:lol::lol:
I said Im oing to jam a baseball bat up you arse and turn you into a popsicle you little twig, hiding behind a keyboard, how about you show fase so i can smash it in you lettle twig prick

lingard

Coach
I think there were a couple of things that killed off our chances.

Firstly Kimmorley made some shocking decisions (he choked?). We were up 6-0 and going great, he tried a dinky little kick on the half way, eels got a repeat set and scored off it. Secondly, we had all the momentum, 25 seconds and 3 tackles to go to half time. Eels defence was stretched, we should have tried to go for the try for at least 2 more tackles, instead Kimmorley went the f/g. That was a monumental mistake IMO, it was obvious we needed to score tries and that was our best chance to do it. Then there were the awful 5th tackle options in the latter part of the game.

The 2nd thing that killed us was Greg Eastwood, or perhaps Moore leaving Eastwood on the field instead of giving him a rest. 2 of Parramatta tries were scored because of a gap that could and should have been plugged by Eastwood. Eastwood just stood there, out on his feet and watched Burt and Mortimer score.

And the 3rd thing that killed us was Parramatta. They were awesome, and as pointed out by I think Gould, when a team offloads like that it takes so much out of the opposition. Kimmorley's and Eastwood's shockers could easily be attributed to the fatigue caused by Parra's great ability to offload.

Good luck in the G/f eels.

We Parramatta fans are obviously very happy with the result; but it was touch and go there for a while. If Canterbury scored when we were still down twelve-six, we would have lost. And having Patten (who I thought, before the game, was Canterbury's best asset in attack) was a huge blow. I thought Canterbury threw more at us than any team so far this year - except, perhaps, the Tigers. You absolutely, categorically did NOT CHOKE. Despite the loss of our captain and prop-forward, we outplayed you in the second half - but if the score just after half-time was eighteen-six instead of twelve-six, it might have been a different story. Anyway, commiserations and good luck next year.

Bath's Babes

Juniors
the story of the dogs was exactly the same as the story of the dragons this season. any choking tags dogs gave to the dragons when we were knocked out hypocritically applies to you as well. Don't make excuses, focus on next season instead of trolling on into our forum and merking.

Fein

First Grade
I said Im oing to jam a baseball bat up you arse and turn you into a popsicle you little twig, hiding behind a keyboard, how about you show fase so i can smash it in you lettle twig prick

Well played, loyal dropkick.

I have my three strikes.

:lol::lol::lol:

lingard

Coach
I have to congratulate your captain on the way he handled himself after the game. He said that the Parra forwards were terrific and he acknowledged Parramatta as having played very well. He's a real good bloke, Andrew Ryan - I wish he'd stayed with Parramatta.

gsweeper

Juniors
the story of the dogs was exactly the same as the story of the dragons this season. any choking tags dogs gave to the dragons when we were knocked out hypocritically applies to you as well. Don't make excuses, focus on next season instead of trolling on into our forum and merking.

Difference is....you've been doing it for 30 years :lol:

greeny12

Juniors

I don't understand this logic ?? - why do we even have a finals series at all ?? .. I'm a Dragons fan through and through - the team who is most consistent throughout the season gets their reward - The Minor Premiership. If they keep that consistency running strong, they will eventually win the Premiership. But they didn't. They lost because they might've had an off day, gotten beat by the better team on the day, went through a form slump, etc... But key word being they LOST. What do you want, the team to come first to make the Grand Final ?? Like I said I'm a passionate Dragons Supporter and sometimes bias like majority of fans, but some people in here take it to a new level. Take off your Red and White glasses.

Now I personally don't like any of the teams left in the competition. But they are there because they have won all their matches, against the teams who were consistent throughout the season, and i sure as hell won't be complaining that just because they JUST made the 8, they don't deserve a shot at the title. I'm sure if St George were in Parra's position we wouldn't be saying "we don't deserve to be here, let's give our grand final spot to a team we beat in order to make it here, because they slogged it out during the 26 rounds."

Last edited:
dont think it was a choke.

dogs played hard. parra just better on the day.

the dogs have had a fantastic season. there were a few last night that didnt aim up. Idris for one was exposed. noddy you could say wasn't ever right and probably shouldn't have played.

fantastic effort to go from last to first however.

STG-Dragon

Juniors
My God you Saints fans are pathetic, really there is nothing you guys can say. The way you celebrated the Minor premiership and thought that you guys were back in rnd 26 and everyone had to put up with your crap but then you go out in straight sets, so please the Choker tag is firmly entrenched at St Merge.

Mate you are f**king kidding, you cu#terbury fans are the pathetic ones, gave us a tonne of sh*t last week and now that it's your turn you can't take it f**king low life's!

What happened to the so called best team in league 8 of the 16 Dally M medals and also what happened to that so called dynasty your club claimed to be starting??? CHOKERS! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.