What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to download NRL digital pass on iPhone

Diesel

Referee
I keep getting an error saying I'm unable to download after the 2015 app needed to be upgraded. Has anyone else had this problem? It's affecting my iPhone and iPad and I renewed by subscription last week

duck

Juniors
But seriously. I struggled with it all last season. Telstra, for all their might and power, take something that should be top shelf and top quality and turn it into a steamy pile of shit. Lost count of the amount of times I had to contact them to complain. Turns out everybody that uses it has an issue of sorts.

Fox for me this season.

El Diablo

Post Whore
I keep getting an error saying I'm unable to download after the 2015 app needed to be upgraded. Has anyone else had this problem? It's affecting my iPhone and iPad and I renewed by subscription last week

no

Willow

Assistant Moderator
But seriously. I struggled with it all last season. Telstra, for all their might and power, take something that should be top shelf and top quality and turn it into a steamy pile of shit.
You identified the problem in one word. Telstra and customer service are on two different plains.
duck said:
Lost count of the amount of times I had to contact them to complain. Turns out everybody that uses it has an issue of sorts.

Fox for me this season.
I suspect that's what they want you to do.

Service is terrible, possibly over subscribed. And they take money off people for this? I gave it a go over this weekend and it was full of issues. The black screen refusing to load seems to be a common complaint.

They gave me a week to trial it, doesn't look like I'll be buying.

There are alternatives. Not Fox for me, I prefer watching the game down at the local for the cost of a schooner.

duck

Juniors
They gave me a week to trial it, doesn't look like I'll be buying.
haha be careful. Is it charged direct to your Telstra account?
I went with the one week free trial. Realised it was dogshit and didn't use it again.

Next time I get my Telstra bill I find they'd been charging me the weekly fee anyway.
Phone call to Telstra to try sort it out. No fun.
"But you didn't cancel your subscription" they said. "But it was a one week trial" I said. What's to cancel?
They then offered me a month free trial. Stupid me says ok. And stupider me decided to sign up for the rest of the 'season'.

Struggled through it for the rest of the season. Streams not working. Shit quality feeds. 'Play live' buttons missing altogether. Just an awful awful product.

End of the season comes along and I thought that was that.

Now I'm not one to check my Telstra bills. They're the same same same every month. The amount comes out of my account automatically. Mid January I get a letter from Telstra saying my last two months accounts haven't been paid in full. Turns out the 15 bucks, or whatever it is a month for Digital Pass, was still being charged to my account.

Angry duck rings Telstra for an explanation. They said I didn't cancel my subscription. I said why the fk would I bother if the season had finished. I figured it would be automatic.
"No sir, a season subscription lasts until the start of the next season".

wtf

I'm not making this shit up.

Another two or three calls to Telstra eventually got me my refund but I vowed never again.

steggz

Juniors
I've streamed bits and pieces of three matches this weekend, at home and out, haven't had an issue.

Dogs Of War

Coach

So what you have you done? Tried deleting the app? Then redownloading?

If that fails back up your phone, the restore it back onto the phone (and do any iOS update after backing up. So you don't lose passwords, do an encrypted backup).

The second one will fix it defiantly.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
haha be careful. Is it charged direct to your Telstra account?
No. See my previous post and opinion of Telstra.

MNF tonight is the last chance. If it doesn't click I'm off to the pub.

Diesel

Referee
So what you have you done? Tried deleting the app? Then redownloading?

If that fails back up your phone, the restore it back onto the phone (and do any iOS update after backing up. So you don't lose passwords, do an encrypted backup).

The second one will fix it defiantly.

Thanks mate, that fixed it. I backed up the phone & did a restore. No idea what went wrong this time as its never happened before.

Thanks again, appreciate the tech help, you've put Telstra's "expert" tech help to shame

Latest posts