What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'Unbelievable' Parramatta Eels helping Tim Mannah

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...lping-tim-mannah/story-e6frexnr-1226563815402

Daily Telegraph said:
TIM Mannah has never been one to doubt himself, let alone the grander plan that's unfolding above.
And that's why the Eels prop had no issues returning to training the morning after he buried little brother Jon last Monday.

Despite being given as much time as possible to recover, Mannah has been in full training for the past week and will travel to Armidale this afternoon for a team camp in the lead up to Saturday's first trial match against Newcastle.

Given he barely slept in the three days between Jon's death and the funeral, it's an even more remarkable show of strength.

"I didn't sleep on the night he passed away and then we were pretty busy with family, friends and making the arrangements," Mannah said.

"That was the big thing - the lack of sleep.

"It was physically draining, as well as emotionally draining. But I'm a big believer that God gives us strength during times like these.

"When I went back to training (last Tuesday) my body was in pretty good shape and I didn't feel like I was left behind. The season is pretty close now, so we've got to make sure we're on the ball.

"That's my job and I wanted to make sure I didn't waste all the hard work from the past month."

Mannah said the support from Eels coach Ricky Stuart and his teammates had been incredible.

"Ricky Stuart was great," Mannah said. "He called me not long after Jon passed away and was unbelievable.

"The whole coaching staff gave me as much time as possible. The boys were also so supportive.

"I can tell you this is a very tight-knit group at the moment and it's a great feeling to be with them.

"Coming back to training early was all my decision."

Mannah has been nominated as a favourite to assume the vacant Eels captaincy, but Stuart might yet opt for multiple leaders.

The 24-year-old still has no idea about Stuart's plans and is also unsure about how many senior players will line up against the Knights this weekend.

"I've grown a lot over the past few years," Mannah said.

"When you go through tough times you come out the other side a better person.

"We've had our fair share of those over the past 24 months. As a professional sportsperson it's hard to take when you don't get the results that you hope for.

"That's been the hardest thing. But now we've had a real freshen-up. You can feel the excitement around the place."

Eelementary

Post Whore
I know it's too early to tell, and that these sorts of articles are common before the season, but I really do like the fact that Ricky is getting the players to bond and be close. I think we have lacked a bit of camaraderie for a few years now tbh.