What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Undefeated :)

Mighty Tiger

Bench
So far so good for Balmain as they have started the season in all grades with a bang and are now in front in the Club Championship :twisted:

meltiger

First Grade
Phil/Brook

Did they play Penny/St Mary's in Flegg last week or was Friday night their first game?

& whats the quality of Cronulla's reserve grade side likely to be this year? Last weeks result for Premier League was fantastic against the Cougars but not so sure about Friday nights performance? (Based purely on the score obviously ;-) lol)

brook

First Grade
Ball and Matthews started two weeks ago, PL (for the tigers and the cougers only) the week after and Flegg last weekend.

I wouldn't get tooooo excited about the win over cronulla in PL 'cause I think they've got an average side but the individual performances of the players themselves mean things look great for this year, considering it was wet weather footy there were few mistakes made, our forward pack is stronger than I've ever seen it and our backline - which is really our weakest area, still held up. Add to that the fact a great many of the fringe wests tigers first graders are Balmain contracted and it is highly likely that Reynolds, Benji, Heighnington, Wilson and Dene could all see time in premier League at some stage and I think we're in for a great season.

It was a more important win for flegg - cronulla were last years grand finalists and while they were missing some stars so were we - Robbie, Bronson and Simon were our best three from last year and we were also without Barrow who's goal kicking got us home in a lot of games last year.

Balmain are no longer undefeated in ALL grades with the news that Matthews went down to the central coast (very unexpected - we should be a top 4 side easy in matthews) but on a positive side Ball won and are still undefeated which given their woeful performance last year is a good start