What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Under Fatigue

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Has anybody noticed that Andrew Johns is in love with this term. So much so that players are apparently under fatigue in the first 10 minutes of a game.

I am unsure whether he knows exactly what this means...

Hawkins

Juniors
I watched an old origin with Johns with a buzz cut. Boy missed a shirt ton of goals in that game as well.

Life's Good

Coach
It's his go to phrase along with "he's a freak" or "he'll play origin this year for sure" . Let's face it, the bloke was a super footballer but is a prime example of footy smarts not stretching beyond the white line.

simmo05

Bench
I think Anthony Griffin is suffering from a worst bout of fatigue than Ivan Cleary was at the end of the 2015 season.

[/hijack]
Thank f**k cleary was fatigued, we are loving him at the tigers! Hows Griffen going for you there gus, you idiot!

It's his go to phrase along with "he's a freak" or "he'll play origin this year for sure" . Let's face it, the bloke was a super footballer but is a prime example of footy smarts not stretching beyond the white line.

Analytically, he's awesome. But they should use him pre-game, at half time and post match. And leave it to tactics, explanations of plays, etc. He's really, really great at that.

In game calling, nope. He's as useless as tits on a bull.

Which always makes me wonder what Lockyer is. He isn't colourful, or blokey. He's witless and charmless. And he's dead dull. Furthermore, as a 'great' who played two positions over 15 years of footy at the top for club, state and country....he has all the insight of a caterpillar foraging deep inside an empty wet paper bag wondering where all the chlorophyll got to.

Danish

Referee
Which always makes me wonder what Lockyer is. He isn't colourful, or blokey. He's witless and charmless. And he's dead dull. Furthermore, as a 'great' who played two positions over 15 years of footy at the top for club, state and country....he has all the insight of a caterpillar foraging deep inside an empty wet paper bag wondering where all the chlorophyll got to.

He's a queenslander. Thats all that is required to get a gig calling Broncos games

POPEYE

Coach
Analytically, he's awesome. But they should use him pre-game, at half time and post match. And leave it to tactics, explanations of plays, etc. He's really, really great at that.

Like you said analytically there's no-one better than Joey, on radio he would be perfect, on tv it's disconcerting when he searches the sky for fairies as he goes through his spiel

Spot On

Coach
Poor league players, blokes sitting on the bench for 50 mins a week must be really fatigued.

ed-grimley

Bench

Locky went to the NRL's version of Centrelink and they were obliged to find him a job.

Hawkins

Juniors
Was that game 1 1998? Johns lost that game on his own with his poor goal-kicking, and in turn lost the series

No I've been picking up the Heritage collections box tins at JB Hi Fi.

Trying to do a 1980s - Current Day League collection and they were on sale.

While I don't think I'll ever be able to bring myself to pick up the QLD collection I did watch the NSW collection when I was home alone last weekend but NSW win all the games on the collection so it can't have been the 1998 one.