What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Underbelly: The Golden Mile

Bulldog Force

Referee
Did anyone watch it last night? In episode 1, the part where Claudia Campanelli was cuffed to the billiards table top/down. Honestly, that was one of the worst things imaginable.

What about DK? Took on 4 guys with baseball bats alone, and ripped the hell out of all of them :lol: beautiful.

Munky

Coach
IMO this is the most pointless TV series I've ever watched.

I gave up after the first three episodes as there was no story whatsoever.

Channel 9 are just trying cash in on the first. Problem is that without the body count they don't have enough material to fill twelve episodes.

its pretty sh*t

the first season was good because you had a tangible storyline. williams got shot, then went on an underworld killing rampage using the likes of benji, the running man etc.

the deaths were there for all to see.

this season. meh...half of it seems fictional and way over the top.

Bulldog Force

Referee
There would be some truth to it. A lot of it would have a twist for entertainment and ratings purposes. John Ibrahim can sue 9 for defamation otherwise. Bloody hell it's gripping... although I will admit, episode 2 yesterday was very boring!

Danish

Referee
Ibrahim would be the one filling their scripts with all the ficitonal hero stuff.

Its no coincidence he is being made out as a sort of fractured hero

DB

First Grade
The first one was awesome..... the next two is still in the shadows of the first one.

PJ

First Grade
There would be some truth to it

Some truth to it, but not much.

Loved the first Underbelly, struggled somewhat through the second and am giving up on this one. Bad storyline, obvious to see which characters in the series were developed in conjunction with the real people.

Real disapointment as the background with the police corruption and the Royal Commission could have made for a brilliant series.

The first series was excellent. Second one I only watched about 2 episodes of then lost interest. This one I'm hanging in with - don't mind the Ibrahim part of the story but the Kim Hollingsworth angle is completely pointless.

Bulldog Force

Referee
The first series was excellent. Second one I only watched about 2 episodes of then lost interest. This one I'm hanging in with - don't mind the Ibrahim part of the story but the Kim Hollingsworth angle is completely pointless.
Seriously, she has to be one of the ugliest looking actresses I've ever seen. She pours on the makeup so much so that she looks like a candle about to melt!

I remember the royal commission and all the sh*t that went on when all of this stuff was exposed. Hollingsworth ties into the story later down the track. I still remember some of her court appearances. She represented herself and took her pet Rat into court with her. :crazy:

Stick with it guys, it gets a lot more involved from here on in. Its taken them forever to set up the story line, but I guess they needed to stretch things out to make a series.

Big Pete

Referee
What's supposed to be so good about this show again?

The style of the show is way too over the top, it's like watching a Tarentino production but instead of there being any semblance of reason things are done just for the sake of being 'edgy' when really it just comes off as amateur.

I'm not talking about the story mind you, I'm talking about cinematography, mise en scene, sound cues and what have you. The acting varies from good to down right terrible.

To me, it seems like an Australian show trying to come across as American. It's like watching a bunch of primary school kids re-enacting the Godfather.

Bulldog Force

Referee
oh and what about on iRobot when will smith killed all those robots - was on my tv screen,
means it just has to be true :roll:
He had a gun :D
Dude, I know it wasn't real. Things don't have to be real to be thoroughly entertaining ;-)

If they are, I'm hoping Michael Kanaan is not featured, absolute prick of a human being.

He was one of DK's top men. I don't think they'll show him, but if they do, it will be a very minor role.

Eelementary

Post Whore
IMO this is the most pointless TV series I've ever watched.

I gave up after the first three episodes as there was no story whatsoever.

Channel 9 are just trying cash in on the first. Problem is that without the body count they don't have enough material to fill twelve episodes.

Yeah it's certainly no Sopranos.

gronkathon

First Grade
DK had all but zero involvement in Kings Cross. Maybe in the minds of his friends but in reality no.

Freeman made far too much money elsewhere to be involved in bribes and petty KK rabble.

It is entertaining I guess but 97% fiction

Bulldog Force

Referee
DK had all but zero involvement in Kings Cross. Maybe in the minds of his friends but in reality no.

Freeman made far too much money elsewhere to be involved in bribes and petty KK rabble.

It is entertaining I guess but 97% fiction
Are you kidding me? DK was a prominent figure in KK. Not as big as John Ibrahim or the Bayeh brothers, but he was definitely a big name. His genius plan was recruit teenagers to do the running for him - put the drugs in water-bomb balloons and hold in the mouth, walk to the destination, swallow the balloons if police want to do a frisk, regurgitate the balloons later.

Evenflow

Bench
She pours on the makeup so much so that she looks like a candle about to melt!

She's playing a f**king hooker, what the hell do you expect? :sarcasm:

loved the first one, lasted about 4 eps of the second because it was just plain sh*t and while i don't mind this one, it's a shadow of the first and only mildly entertaining enough to keep me watching.