What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Union outdraws League on TV

dubby

Bench
Just read in the Courier Mail that the South Africa vs Wallabies game outdrew the FNF telecast, 250k v 191k in Brisbane. (AFL lions game only 89k :lol: )

That has to be a first for union, and it comes after a loss to the All Blacks.

And it is a comprehensive win to a team we all thought would lose out to soccer.

Thoughts?

Bezant

Juniors
Credit where credit's due, good on them. However it was a game between two top Union nations up against a club match. How do the ratings compare to Origin? :)

Bezant said:
Credit where credit's due, good on them. However it was a game between two top Union nations up against a club match. How do the ratings compare to Origin? :)

They don't.

That Union game's ratings Australia-wide were less than 1/2 of any Origin this year.

Dubby, a delayed telecast of a League match not including a Qld side v a live Rugby Union Test involving Australia....

Longest bow I've ever seen drawn.

Can we compare Origin #3's 3 million vs the S14 final?

dubby

Bench
Good points ELA, but can you remember the last time RL was outdone in FTA by RU? (World Cup aside?)

I know its a long draw, but it still bothers me.

Captain Clark

Juniors
Compare the quality of the game. Apart from the fog, I'm sure Super 14 was a better game. Origin put me to sleep.

And I hate rugby.

The Preacher

First Grade
Captain Clark said:
Compare the quality of the game. Apart from the fog, I'm sure Super 14 was a better game. Origin put me to sleep.
And I hate rugby.

Well, it was past your bedtime, luv.:sleeper:

dubby said:
Good points ELA, but can you remember the last time RL was outdone in FTA by RU? (World Cup aside?)

I know its a long draw, but it still bothers me.

I've been following this for years and it means nothing. Not even Union supporters would be stupid enough to compare those two matches in one city.

That you think it does mean something should be what is bothering you.

Slappy

Juniors
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
ahhh, it's from a email conversation I had with the great one.... lol

See my avatar...

I'd be bloody proud too, an insult from a walking venereal disease like Carlton is about the best compliment one could possibly get!
From the response it sounds like you really upset the bastard!
Good stuff EA!

gaterooze

Bench
dubby: 26 rounds of NRL, 2 games on FTA per week. The fact that a delayed weekly game of club footy involving no teams from QLD, even rated close to a live Aussie Test Match says a lot.

Also keep in mind that the game was played in Brisbane, so it got tons of promotion leading up to it.

Oh, and I think you'll find the Kangaroos vs Kiwis League Test got about DOUBLE the ratings of the Union Test.

miccle

Bench
Not worried about those ratings - I honestly think there is more fans of the Wallabies in Brisbane than the Dogs or St George.

If it was a Broncos or even Cowboys game, things would be very different here imo.

dubby

Bench
gaterooze said:
dubby: 26 rounds of NRL, 2 games on FTA per week. The fact that a delayed weekly game of club footy involving no teams from QLD, even rated close to a live Aussie Test Match says a lot.

Also keep in mind that the game was played in Brisbane, so it got tons of promotion leading up to it.

Oh, and I think you'll find the Kangaroos vs Kiwis League Test got about DOUBLE the ratings of the Union Test.

Good point. :)

Canard

Immortal
If it was a Broncos or even Cowboys game, things would be very different here imo.

Might be a few years before you see a Cowboys game on Channel nine again.

They have jumped off the bandwagon quicker than you can say "Brett Finch is safe and will not be leaving"

Latest posts