What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unity looking to reignite Tradies merger

Frenzy.

Post Whore
That's the word.

Whereas the previous board were knocked back on this at the 11th hour by McAlleer they were still able to oversee the recruitment of what should of been/be a Top 4 squad without the merger.

They did this by keeping front office employment down in favour of using available money to get the likes of Lewis, Ryan, Heigho et al.

The new board and front office men already have the reputation of being spenders and they've run the well dry. Hence the begging for money from the NRL. Money they won't be getting despite this mornings story.

Their philososphy is different and they want a full front office as well as top signings.

So now the plan is to re visit the Tradies merger, because they have to. Noyce is already on record from the coaches night saying he would produce another $2 mill in order to get the footy staff on par with the big teams. I guess this is where they think it's comimg from.

The same Noyce who regularly gets punted from NRL clubs for over spending.

Good? Bad?

Better start looking at it and trying to get info because this will have to be a member's vote to accept any merger.

The merger would be of the leagues club and Tradies only with funding to the footy club supplied by the JV I think. Same as it was before.

A merge now hands the Tradies a $50 mill dollar asset which is already approved after the previous board lobbied the bank to convince them they'd get the development over the line.

Flame away

carcharias

Immortal
As long as my footy team keeps playing and gives me a slight hope of maybe one day seeing a premiership I couldn't give a rats arse what happens in the office.

Sick to death of worrying about it to be honest.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Well none of the dopes care about the sacked 4 anymore. Those peoples lives are old news.
lets see how well the disenfranchised people mobilise now, if they care enough.
ie. The good people that the dopey members didn't vote for en-masse. Like Sparkles team, a few of the old board etc.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Post Whore
Well none of the dopes care about the sacked 4 anymore. Those peoples lives are old news.
lets see how well the disenfranchised people mobilise now, if they care enough.
ie. The good people that the dopey members did vote for en-masse. Like Sparkles team, a few of the old board etc.

Actually reef word I got was Disunity are split over the Fab Four as well. Go figure

stevie013

Juniors
I remember hearing somewhere that if trades took over/merger, in 3 or 4 years time, they could completely take over and do what they want with the place, and there sent a thing we can do about it. Not good if ask me. Short term gain, long time pain....

I'll see if I can find out properly, but its something along those line IIRC.

ratsack2

Juniors
McAleer has done alright for himself over the years, last time I aw him he was my history teacher back in 1981 at Endeavour high, that's before it was a sports high, although I did play my only 2 ever games of league there as u12 semi finalist, we got flogged lol but we only had 9 players, semi was our first and only competitive game as hardly any high schools could put together an Under12 team lol

carcharias

Immortal
I know there are obvious down sides to this merger etc
In saying that though would it be such a bad thing to have a club who has half an idea about being successful on board?

When do we admit that the footy club side is an abomination.
Always has been
Always will be .

I just want a footy team to follow.

taipan

Referee
As long as my footy team keeps playing and gives me a slight hope of maybe one day seeing a premiership I couldn't give a rats arse what happens in the office.

Sick to death of worrying about it to be honest.

+1

As long as we have a competitive team,what happens around the peripherals happens.Politics is what it is,it happens all the time,not just at the Sharks.Ask the Eels,Manly,Canberra,Penrith,Tigers.
A development given the go ahead,a new clubhouse and grounds for the CC juniors.If Tradies now see value in a development UCV $26m so be it.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I know there are obvious down sides to this merger etc
In saying that though would it be such a bad thing to have a club who has half an idea about being successful on board?

When do we admit that the footy club side is an abomination.
Always has been
Always will be .

I just want a footy team to follow.
Ever heard of The Advance Bank? The Wales Bank etc?
The Sharks wouldbe owned by the Tradies. Irrespective of what they say, after the merger, the weaker always disappear.
The only thing in the merger for the Tradies is that they are removing 1 competitor.
The football club is designed to run at a loss. it is basically a money in money out mechanism.
The footy club is at risk like never before now due to the people who have been voted in. Ie. shire junior league types , fronts for security comapnies etc.
The end game is the development, that has alwyas been earmarked as the footy clubs future.
it is now been placed in high risk as the vultures circle.

carcharias

Immortal
as it stands we might not have a choice.
If the joint was making money hand over fist do you think these blokes would be thinking merger?

I reckon Gow and beeker were the only two that really gave a true f**k about the footy club ...even Gow makes me doubt.

every one of them that I remember have farked it up one way or another .

Going by the amateurish bids by the other candidates I'd have no faith in that ever changing.
Sorenson couldn't even provide a profile of himself for us voters.?????
f**king Dunph shit himself when we needed him....always has been all talk when it came to the sharks.

That should be the Sharks motto.

Find a way - Anyway - to f**k it all up.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Sparkles team was a very viable option Carch. The members should have voted them in to ensure a safety net at the very least.
The Unity team mobilised clictivists through social media.
Have a look at eh type of people mobilised from social media. "Whingeing leftys" "cause of the day house wives" "cause of the day office workers" hyper-active social media-ists.
If it wasnt for the above groups , unity would not be in power.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
That worries me about Unity. I hope they are in this for the club, not personal gain.

There's little left to gain. The big winners will be the Tradies. They've played it well and the cards are falling for them. ASADA has helped them. The changeover at board level has helped them as relationships with key stakeholders like the ARLC and NRL have been lost. I am also led to believe that trust has been lost in all the high places.

The well is dry and as carch said this may be the last option now to get some cash injected.

One thing maybe positive but I don't know if it will apply in this round 2 of the JV project. The old board had it in the agreement that the footy team would always remain the Cronulla Sharks.

Perhaps aesthetically this can be palatable.

carcharias

Immortal
Mate I would like to think sparkles could do the job
But after so many hits ... What could possibly make me think he would be any different to the rest?

Latest posts