What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unleashed Press Release : "Sorry.."

[furrycat]

Coach
Unleashed Press Release

Well there would be a fair amount of people on these forums who would be asking the question, "Why is Unleashed not here yet?! You said the 24th.." I'm here to justify this, and explain everything truthfully (with the omission of something personal).

I have missed the release date... It's pretty obvious that I have. I've talked with someone else who is on the project and a few others, and they've always said "Saying a release date so early is just asking for trouble" Consequently, It seems that they were 100% correct and I should have waited until I had finished before announcing a definite release date.

There was, yes, problems that have arisen that I did not expect. As I said I was warned that this would happen and I should wait until all bugs were ironed out before announcing anything, but I failed to listen and look where it has got me... I've done this way too many times now so it would seem I need a new course of action.

I have the intentions and motivation to get this completed, and subsequently, I thought that my date would be pretty accurate. But a pretty much one man effort on everything I've been doing hasn't come easy, and there have been other un-related game problems that I am not willing to discuss into any extent.

The problem was, I have been cutting corners, taking shortcuts and doing things at a level that is not acceptable so that I could release it on time. I got to the night before release, and realised that this was definately not worth a final release. It was a buggy piece of shit that in no way was how I intended it. I started off really nicely because I didn't pressure myself with a release date... I wanted to get it out on time, so I made that date, and tried to stick to it at all costs . Consequently, it was an ultimate cost.

At this time, I believe that the appropriate course of action is to technically restart the Rugby League : Unleashed project. This does NOT mean everything I've done will be deleted and I'll do everything again, although a lot will have that done to it. I can still use a lot of things that are in full working order. But I promised things... I stick to my promises. I shouldn't have promised a release date on something that was far from completion. So I rushed it, and it turned out to be a disaster from which I was reluctant, and certainly would not release.

This time, I intend to keep my big mouth shut, and only post slight updates and media information (such as screenshots). I will not hint at any release date UNTIL the final product has been successfully completed.

I apologise to everyone for everything, especially other behind the scenes fellas (The testers..). This time around, you will be definately used to motivate, and stop me from doing stupid things a second time round. And of course, do your job of detecting crippling bugs.

I know, I'll get a hell of a lot of negative comments to this post. That's your problem and I'll accept it. I just want to state to any pre-empted comments, that this is something from my own time, and for no financial (or some may thing I like the thrill of being worshipped by people I don't know..) gain. The game has more potential to be done to it. I can't do everything, by no means do I have the ability to break into Sidhe's house and steal their computers, but there are things I'd LIKE to do for the game for myself. It is just something I'd like to see happen, and rather than hog it, id like to share it with others so you can all have a bit of fun :p.

So there you go... I've stated my plans, reasons, etc. Flame away, or be patient. Your reactions I will understand... Thanks

inertia666

Juniors
ach well at least your man enough to admit it. But this "one man project" thing didn't have to be that way. I've offered to help you plenty of times but you've never accepted it and the challenge is a humungous task for 1 man to complete. So the offer is still there, you know my email. I wouldnt have gotten IE out so fast had it not been for Jiffy and Paullyboy giving me a hand. Take the help you can get from anyone.

I hope you get your personal life sorted out and it's nothing to do with what i think.

[furrycat]

Coach
Dragon Fanatic said:
I dont like you. You are a attention seeking loser and I cannot stand you. Unleashed will never ever come out.

Oddly enough you're enougn motivation so I can prove you wrong...

Serge

Juniors
Dragon Fanatic said:
I dont like you. You are a attention seeking loser and I cannot stand you. Unleashed will never ever come out.

I second that. (apart from the i dont like you bit cuz i dont know you)

knowsleyroader

Juniors
To be fair the guy didnt have to come on here and explain himself, he could have easily just never logged onto the board again so credit for that.

However maybe a little less condescension and more tolerance of others opinions wouldnt go a miss. This board doesnt need any gods, just a community tolerant of everyone and their viewpoints.

Anyway far less modding and far more playing as far as im concerned. The game overcomes all of its bad habits and delivers a great game of RL.

inertia666

Juniors
the amount of work that goes into mods against the attention span of the average user is an extremely one sided affair. 8)

strong_latte

Juniors
Dragon Fanatic said:

Thats a bit harsh mate... You make him sound as big a merkin as John Howard and George Bush saying that! At least he's a fellow league fan afterall

Clevo

Juniors
I'm not going to say anything....

The game is crap anyway...nobody plays it anymore and people are just waiting for the next release in just under a year and a half.

inertia666

Juniors
clevo, you didnt say anything when International Edition came out either or did that one pass you by?

westhull

Juniors
well i'm disapointed, :( but then again, i can't do any of the things you modders do. :clap: so i will wait patiently till it's ready. it would be nice if people didn't bag the modders off though

labinator

Juniors
Clevo said:
I'm not going to say anything....

The game is crap anyway...nobody plays it anymore and people are just waiting for the next release in just under a year and a half.

not true, my mates and i still play it today. I think its a great game

Clevo

Juniors
inertia666 said:
clevo, you didnt say anything when International Edition came out either or did that one pass you by?

Don;t want to play Int edition.... wanna game without bugs

Clevo

Juniors
inertia666 said:

raidersman

Juniors
apology accepted mate :) I was looking forward to it, but take ur time, i will be patient. I'm sure it will rock when it comes out. Ur doing a good job! I hope u sort out ur personal life too :) Head up mate ;-)

Alan Shore

First Grade
DF, I suggest you quit shooting your mouth off and do some thinking before you post...I simpy deleted that effort of yours but in future there may be further action taken.

inertia666

Juniors
Clevo said:
inertia666 said:

so why are you worring about if Unleashed comes out or not then? Do you think furrycat is going to magic them away? I think you are just here for the whinge.

Dragon Fanatic

Juniors
Tamazoid that is a typical example of pot calling the kettle black. You are in no position to tell me off for shooting my mouth off. Forum Sevens..................