What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unprofessionalism

Meth

Staff member
The performance of Johnson and Locke on Twitter in reaction to Elliot's appointment sums it up. Our club is a bloody unprofessional shambles.

What do we need to do to change this?

Abdullah

Juniors
Showing immaturity from young players...no respect or manners, believe it come from bad parenting and even managers...they need more education of how to behave respectfully for elders and authority...spoilt little children

Meth

Staff member
Tweets deleted....haha

Iro needs to go. This isn't Remember the Titans.

The sort of unprofessionalism on display from Johnson and Locke today needs to be jumped on. The Warriors is not the sort of club that can afford to tolerate it. If they do, they don't succeed on the field. Simple as that.

Meth

Staff member
The younger blokes need less sway and voice. The leaders in the team need to be no-nonsense. Guys like Locke, Packer, Johnson and Taylor need to shut up and focus on footy.

Skinner

Coach
Nobby Locke has developed a very serious attitude problem, and while it hurts to say this, I think he should be released. It may just be the kick he needs to smarten the act up. Some of the stuff I'm hearing out the camp with regards to this season is mind blowing, and Elliot certainly has his work cut out for him.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
The performance of Johnson and Locke on Twitter in reaction to Elliot's appointment sums it up. Our club is a bloody unprofessional shambles.

What do we need to do to change this?

Who is unprofessional the players or the club??
Scurrah should start looking for a new job now.

The way things have been handled....how else do you think the players are going to react?? They obviously have new owners and know it all board members.

Which is difficult to deal with at the moment.

Also everybody bags that idea of brotherhood etc amongst the players. But it is essential and part parcel of developing a positive culture within the club.
This old find another job if you aren't happy crap - is childish and unrealistic.

This doesnt just happen at the warriors but every club. The boys at melbourne, tigers etc.
They are all tight.
Yes, we have a polynesian flavour...this cant be ignored, it just needs to be harnessed.

A really delicate situation.

Also, I wouldn't bag Elijah Taylor - He is a top bloke.
I like his honesty and passion.
He has the balls to say probably what he and many other are thinking.
but he has more passion and genuine desire than most NRL players
Which is why he will make it as a footballer.

Why did the warriors announce it - A day before the kiwi test
RIDICULOUS .... why not wait until monday.

Meth

Staff member
Who is unprofessional the players or the club??
Scurrah should start looking for a new job now.

Oh, I agree. Iro should be sacked. Scurrah should be sacked.

I don't know if I would go as far as to sack Locke and Johnson, but they should be facing disciplinary action. If their attitude doesn't improve from here, they should be let go. They are to us what Quade Cooper is for the Wallabies.

The Warriors club = tail wagging the dog.

Juju

Juniors
Player power definitely needs to be squashed. That will be Elliot's most difficult challenge next year for sure.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
The younger blokes need less sway and voice. The leaders in the team need to be no-nonsense. Guys like Locke, Packer, Johnson and Taylor need to shut up and focus on footy.

That is half of the squad and they are speaking the truth
Yes - they are not perfect and need to learn a few things.

But they arent robots... nor will they ever be robots
It is going to be some interesting times

Abdullah

Juniors
I like former raider Clinton Schifcofske tweet: "Matt Elliott will be a great appointment 4 the @NZ_Warriors best coach I had in 16 years. Hopefully the players r pro's & buy into his style,"

"..which is Work hard, professionalism, accountability &most ofall enjoyment. Only my opinion but qualities clearly lackin in 2012."

https://twitter.com/choc111

Meth

Staff member
Sack Scurrah, Iro, Wiki, Bell. A total clean out is needed.

Meth

Staff member
I like former raider Clinton Schifcofske tweet: "Matt Elliott will be a great appointment 4 the @NZ_Warriors best coach I had in 16 years. Hopefully the players r pro's & buy into his style,"

"..which is Work hard, professionalism, accountability &most ofall enjoyment. Only my opinion but qualities clearly lackin in 2012."

Excellent

Dr Crane

Live Update Team

schifcofske was the ultimate pro. our children (aka the team) would be wise to listen to him.

Rich102

Staff member
Kind of like "The floggings will continue till morale improves."

Still think this feels like a club with no football experiance. Business experiance yes; football club no.

Bring in a CEO with football background and mana. Or leave Scurrah in background (and keep him there) and bring in a football manager like Price. His experiance and mana would count for a lot.

Micistm

Bench
Good luck to the new coach. He'll need it if this is a sign of the immaturity and attitude of some of our young players believing their own superstar media hype.
I was angry when hearing Taylors soundbites; absolutely furious hearing Johnson & Lockes tweets. Not too bright either, you'd think they would privately text.
I hear Lockes tried to do an about face with a follow up tweet, too late.

Player attitude of the younger players IMO is far bigger news than who is coach.

I was thinking why should I keep being a fan of the Warriors for a while after hearing this. But then I thought, why shouldn't I? I've followed this team since they were in nappies- fans need to remind them of that. They will come and go, the club remains. They need reminding of that too. No player is bigger than the game. Disgusting attitudes on them.