What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unprofessionalism

Rich102

Staff member
Agree completely.
Hopefully this will be sorted. Soon.
Without proper coaching the raw talent remains raw talent.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Apparently Luck seriously tried to intervene last year, but wasn't listened to?

One of the problem with the club is that it seems like the inmates run the asylum.

Blokes like Rapira, Lillyman, Friend and Vatuvei need to step up. Blokes like Locke and Johnson need to shut up.

When I actually look through the Warriors squad, I don't really see a tough, hard nut senior player that would knock some of this crap on the head, and that may be part of the problem

Mannering doesn't really strike me as a type to get stuck in. If a bloke like Campion was around, maybe even Betham, attitudes may be different

Just on Locke. I never really knew a thing of his background, always though he seemed a really nice bloke. But 1 of my good mates was telling me that a couple of years back his cousin spent the night with Locke, and he was an a grade arsehole to her

Micistm

Bench
Apparently Luck seriously tried to intervene last year, but wasn't listened to?

One of the problem with the club is that it seems like the inmates run the asylum.

Blokes like Rapira, Lillyman, Friend and Vatuvei need to step up. Blokes like Locke and Johnson need to shut up.

I feel for Luck, how embarrassing to be associated with some of these little unprofessional arseholes.
Now, with hindsight, looking at some footage of last year you wouldn't have to be Sherlock to put a ring around the young guys that need a boot up the arse, discipline and extra preseason work. And some can be immediately removed from the list of shame, basically the same ones that got 3-2-1s right through last season!

JJ

Immortal
I feel for Luck, how embarrassing to be associated with some of these little unprofessional arseholes.
Now, with hindsight, looking at some footage of last year you wouldn't have to be Sherlock to put a ring around the young guys that need a boot up the arse, discipline and extra preseason work. And some can be immediately removed from the list of shame, basically the same ones that got 3-2-1s right through last season!

You'd have thought these dicks would have learned from Luck, Price, and Wiki's presence... but obviously not...

The greats don't carry on like pork chops in public, and these clowns have in reality achieved f**k all... I have less of a problem with Taylor, but still he shouldn't be commenting, after that season they should pull their heads in and train the joint down... as was said earlier, raw talent is nice, but doesn't win you comps, nor the respect of your peers and fans...

When I actually look through the Warriors squad, I don't really see a tough, hard nut senior player that would knock some of this crap on the head, and that may be part of the problem

Mannering doesn't really strike me as a type to get stuck in. If a bloke like Campion was around, maybe even Betham, attitudes may be different

Just on Locke. I never really knew a thing of his background, always though he seemed a really nice bloke. But 1 of my good mates was telling me that a couple of years back his cousin spent the night with Locke, and he was an a grade arsehole to her

Interesting. Does Locke still go out with that really old looking part maori chick?

Micistm

Bench
Specifically Locke & Johnson, unfortunately have been told how great they are through the media, and it's just happened so fast in such a small country to guys so young starting their careers, they've believed their own press.
I'd thought they'd kept their feet grounded, but its clear now they haven't. If they can't sort themselves out fast- I think at least Locke should be released. No players are bigger than the game, or team.

_addict

Juniors
If there is an upside, it is clear what these guy's thoughts are. They're prone to being immature. At best guess I'd say it's reactionary comments that don't amount to much. Of considerable concern would be if they carry those words on as attitudes in the rest of their professional relationship with Elliot and the club in general. If they apologise and make good, asthey should, then I'm not worried

Rebel

First Grade
Locke does need to start manning up. He is going to be a father in a few months.

Campion

Juniors
Pritchard has been pretty cutting of Elliot's appointment on twitter. Seems he most definitely does not like him

My memory of Pritchard at Penrith was that he could produce magic but often came across as extremely lazy and absent when a solid workload was required of him. So I'm not sure he's in a position to speak on this.

One Warrior

Bench
Very unprofessional & immature from the boys, I think perhaps Steve Price needs to be brought in as football manager or something, this sort of thing did not occur when he was Captain.

Meth

Staff member
Very unprofessional & immature from the boys, I think perhaps Steve Price needs to be brought in as football manager or something, this sort of thing did not occur when he was Captain.

He told Locke to shut up on Twitter.

My biggest concern how poorly these guys communicate. Yeah I know they are very young and immature, but they should know that and be embarrassed to make comments in public for fear of being ridiculed, which they rightfully are. Stop carrying on like your opinion matters and you know shit.

Micistm

Bench
Was just on the way home and heard Michael Luck giving Locke a spray on the radio as well, Lol said he had magic beans rather than brains.
No comment on Maloneys tweet...but who cares what he thinks, he's gone, nothing to do with him. He's entitled to hs opinion...but if he was so interested in Iro getting a shot he should've put more effort in before he pissed off

Micistm

Bench
My biggest concern how poorly these guys communicate. Yeah I know they are very young and immature, but they should know that and be embarrassed to make comments in public for fear of being ridiculed, which they rightfully are. Stop carrying on like your opinion matters and you know shit.

I am surprised how immature they actually are. I know they are young, but they are still professional NRL players and I would expect them to act like that. And have a few more brain cells than think a tweet is as private as a text. He has apologised, good start, but the Club should be sitting these guys down and telling them to just get on with things and stop bitching...that after the year they just produced they'd be better just shutting up and putting in some serious effort.

Rod

Bench
This carry-on from Pritchard isn't much better for someone who's supposedly taking a mentor role for the likes of Kasiano within the Kiwis camp.

Elliot's first order of business should be to ban them from Twitter until they show they can apply themselves in a professional manner on and off the field.

Meth

Staff member
He has apologised, good start, but the Club should be sitting these guys down and telling them to just get on with things and stop bitching...that after the year they just produced they'd be better just shutting up and putting in some serious effort.

Agree totally.

I don't think Locke was contrite in his apology either.

I don't mind that the guys feel such a sense of loyalty towards Tony. But shut up about it, especially on the day that the new coach has been named, and beyond.

Meth

Staff member
This carry-on from Pritchard isn't much better for someone who's supposedly taking a mentor role for the likes of Kasiano within the Kiwis camp.

Hardly uncharacteristic.

I don't care what players' from other clubs have to say. That's like an employee from Vodafone taking a slight at Telecom when XT goes down. What Locke et all did is like an employee of Telecom venting in a public forum about Paul Reynolds. Equal parts dumb to unprofessional.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors

Elliot's first order of business should be to ban them from Twitter until they show they can apply themselves in a professional manner on and off the field.

Well maybe elliot to ban the warriors owners and ceo from tawkin shite. Pretty much all they have done for the past few months.
No more bullshite press releases - just do the crap. Dont tell us about how much money you have - do something with it.

Good one pritchard for speaking his mind - he too is going into bat for Iro. Obviously someobdy he also ranks above Elliot.
But according to Elliot him and pritchard are 'friends'

Last edited:

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Hardly uncharacteristic.

I don't care what players' from other clubs have to say. That's like an employee from Vodafone taking a slight at Telecom when XT goes down. What Locke et all did is like an employee of Telecom venting in a public forum about Paul Reynolds. Equal parts dumb to unprofessional.

Agreed - but when people are quoting how is ex-players loved him.
It is quite hardcase to have guys like frank speaking their mind.

I honestly dont believe any of the crap that comes out of scurrahs mouth.