What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unprofessionalism

ozbash

Referee
Agreed - but when people are quoting how is ex-players loved him.
It is quite hardcase to have guys like frank speaking their mind.

I honestly dont believe any of the crap that comes out of scurrahs mouth.

No, neither do I anymore, Scurrah has shown his true colours this year afaic....

After all the welcoming hoopla, Im getting more and more iffy on Owen Glenn as well.

All that glitters is not gold.

Skinner

Coach
No, neither do I anymore, Scurrah has shown his true colours this year afaic....

After all the welcoming hoopla, Im getting more and more iffy on Owen Glenn as well.

Yip, yip, yip

Micistm

Bench

Ive never liked or trusted Scurrah, and found he's contradicted himself a few times over the years with half truths. But really disliked his self preserving politician type stuff of the last few weeks.
I loved the idea of Glenn originally, now I'm not so sure. Nice to have his cash, but he could be very dangerous. By his own admission he knows little of the game, so he should be remaining a more silent partner!:lol:

I don't know much about Elliot, but happy to give him a chance as although he's been sacked from a few clubs, thats an occupational hazard for coaches, and his records are in the 40%s, quite average for coaches really. He may well really click here. And definately support the move more than one from the Matey matey club. I'm speculating of course, don't know for sure....but Iro looks far too matey, far too close to these players. If he's going to come in and work these guys, that has to be good after what we saw this year.

Micistm

Bench
Very unprofessional & immature from the boys, I think perhaps Steve Price needs to be brought in as football manager or something, this sort of thing did not occur when he was Captain.

Thats another subject- Captain. I like Mannering as a player, and a nice guy...IMO we do need a Captain who will step up and keep these guys in line. Manu? Lol. It is such a shame Luck isn't doing a final year, he'd have made a great Capt.
We need someone who can speak to these guys, rev them up and keep them in check as well. A quiet guy like Mannering who 'does his talking by leading by example on the field' isn't the best option with a crew of such young players IMO

Warmess

Juniors
It seems to be like it can be stamped out as quickly as it came in. Were we having these troubles when Cleary was here and we made it to the GF? No. These things only started coming up when Blueless was in charge, and it's not hard to see why. All the things we've been hearing about what went on behind closed doors over there, I'm not surprised this kind of culture has been allowed to fester.

Elliot sounds like he's an open and honest guy, I can definitely see the senior staff and players having more say and being allowed to keep the young guys in line.

Thats another subject- Captain. I like Mannering as a player, and a nice guy...IMO we do need a Captain who will step up and keep these guys in line. Manu? Lol. It is such a shame Luck isn't doing a final year, he'd have made a great Capt.
We need someone who can speak to these guys, rev them up and keep them in check as well. A quiet guy like Mannering who 'does his talking by leading by example on the field' isn't the best option with a crew of such young players IMO

Translation:

Pure outside speculation.

Meth

Staff member
Manu as a captain was a disastrous decision. One, because he seems to be a quiet bloke that aims to let his football do the talking. Two, because he's a winger.

Iafeta

Referee
The most interesting player feedback I heard was James Maloney on twitter. Let it go James, you seemed to have no problem giving up earlier this year.

It seems to be like it can be stamped out as quickly as it came in. Were we having these troubles when Cleary was here and we made it to the GF? No. These things only started coming up when Blueless was in charge, and it's not hard to see why. All the things we've been hearing about what went on behind closed doors over there, I'm not surprised this kind of culture has been allowed to fester.

Elliot sounds like he's an open and honest guy, I can definitely see the senior staff and players having more say and being allowed to keep the young guys in line.

agreed

elliot loves his senior group to have a lot of input into game plans, strategies, selections etc. could be good to have these players with more rssponciblity

who would be in the leadership group though

mannering
mateo
friend
vatuvai
lillyman
leuluai ?????

Iafeta

Referee
Elliott didn't discount Blake Ayshford or Trent Hodkinson. He said "getting warmer" when discussing off season targets. He said if Jennings was available... my understanding is Penrith would let him go???