What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unprofessionalism

Meth

Staff member
Did anybody else think that Scurrah sounded like he had a mancrush on Elliot?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I wonder if Elliott/Scurrah are keeping an eye on this situation...

Titans forced to sign new contracts

Paul Weston | 04:11pm October 12, 2012

TITANS players may be forced to sign new contracts under company changes at the troubled Gold Coast rugby league club.

Football sources suggest the club, which has new backers, will seek to change its company name.

``That will mean every contract under the original business name will need to be changed. So they will need to be renegotiated,'' a source close to the club told The Bulletin.

Sports agents were unaware of the planned move, with their Titans clients still overseas on an end-of-year trip in Las Vegas.

The families of young players also had no knowledge of any changes to the club's structure.

The ARL Commission is aware of the planned changes but not the detail at this stage.

The Commission will agree to framing a new licence for the club as long as all past entitlements for players are met.

The club last month was exposed for owing more than $300,000 in superannuation to players and its employees.

Titans chief executive David May, who could not be contacted for comment, last month said the club would settle all outstanding employee and taxation debts.

http://www.goldcoast.com.au/article/...st-titans.html

....probably just media talk on a slow news day, but the Titans have a couple of wingers who I'd take in a heartbeat.

_addict

Juniors
Just on the matter of professional behavior, am I right in hearing some say that Scurrah is a dodgey bastard who won't say what is really going on and what he really thinks, and that the young guys are deliquents for doing just that?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Just on the matter of professional behavior, am I right in hearing some say that Scurrah is a dodgey bastard who won't say what is really going on and what he really thinks, and that the young guys are deliquents for doing just that?

Not comparable at all

Meth

Staff member
Can someone tell me what Locke and Johnson said on twitter in regards to Elliot's appointment?

Johnson- ?@Shaun_Johnson90: Mathew Elliot ay.?

Locke- "?@Shaun_Johnson90: Mathew Elliot ay.? #AawwwwGummmmOnnnn where's sponge at. I'm #gutted"

Johnson retweeted Locke

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Thanks mate.

That's mud.

I refuse to believe if Iro was that well backed by the players that he wouldn't get the job. Maybe the ex 20s guys do but if the seniors did too he'd be there.

And no one should be giving Elijah any shit. I have got a whole new respect for him after seeing his interview. He didn't know about Elliott - he spoke his mind based on no word from management. And he cops 'player revolt' in headlines. No wonder they're so shy

Meth

Staff member
Thanks mate.

That's mud.

I refuse to believe if Iro was that well backed by the players that he wouldn't get the job. Maybe the ex 20s guys do but if the seniors did too he'd be there.

And no one should be giving Elijah any shit. I have got a whole new respect for him after seeing his interview. He didn't know about Elliott - he spoke his mind based on no word from management. And he cops 'player revolt' in headlines. No wonder they're so shy

Freeman was the one talking up the player revolt, not Taylor. I am pretty sure that Taylor's comments were made prior to Elliot's appointment any way.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Freeman was the one talking up the player revolt, not Taylor. I am pretty sure that Taylor's comments were made prior to Elliot's appointment any way.

No I know that, I just heard a media report blew it up. No problem with players having a passion for Iro but ray Charles knows he isn't up to NRL.

vvvrulz

Coach
Hopefully Elliott takes a strong stance and makes the message clear to shape up or ship out. We have all the talent in the world to harness but our boys have no respect or discipline. It will probably take a season for him to get things back on course though, I'm predicting a mid table finish this year.

God-King Dean

Immortal
What is the media scrutiny of the Warriors like in NZ.

My theory has always been the reason Warriors underachieve because of the lack of srutiny, as opposed the Shark tank that is Sydney clubs. The players seem to have authority issues.

jamaman

Juniors

My theory has always been the reason Warriors underachieve because of the lack of srutiny, as opposed the Shark tank that is Sydney clubs. The players seem to have authority issues.

Heaps of Scrutiny,, most spin,..
problem is bad leadership, bad decisions!

Rich102

Staff member

Most media are not really that interested in the Warriors; unless thay are winning, in which case they all want to get on the bandwagon.
There is no real in-depth investigative journalism, in fact most stories seem to appear first in forums.
Also, with a single club, the club can control the media well. "If you publish anything critical you won't be allowed access."
You may well be correct that this contributes to underachievement. Certainly some team decisions should have been questioned more.

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Most media are not really that interested in the Warriors; unless thay are winning, in which case they all want to get on the bandwagon.
There is no real in-depth investigative journalism, in fact most stories seem to appear first in forums.
Also, with a single club, the club can control the media well. "If you publish anything critical you won't be allowed access."
You may well be correct that this contributes to underachievement. Certainly some team decisions should have been questioned more.

Yeah it's either getting on the bandwagon when they have some big wins in a row or in the finals, or bring out the old "Woeful Warriors" headlines when we lose a whole bunch (e.g. most of last year). Otherwise they are lucky to just get the fourth or fifth headline on mainstream news (or small excerpt on the inside pages of newspaper or hard-to-find link on online news sites).

I'm not a fan of the mainstream coverage of Warriors (though could be worse with all the NRL SUCKS AFL RULES!!!! stuff that seems to pervade Aussie if the regular threads on the main part of this forum are to go by).

Except for Crowd Goes Wild (for those in Aussieland, slightly quirky daily sports news show) which has gained an almost cult-like following in the last few years.

CGW rules.

Last edited: