What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unusual dividends

Flapper

First Grade
Often something I like to read about when the new racing year rolls around, highest winner, place divvy whatever, but watching some French harness racing (the cool one where they ride the horses) at Northo Panthers I witnessed something I'd never seen before and doubt never will again:

https://www.tab.com.au/#!/nsw/racing/race-results-details/CAEN/Harness/3/24-Apr-2014

Small pool aside, to not have a single person get the quinella, exacta and trifecta (and two of the duets!) is just madness.

intentcity

First Grade
Not as uncommon as you think, the late night meetings take f**k all, and those who do bet are mostly degenerate gamblers who don't have a clue.

I backed half a field one night (some meeting in England), put $10 on every horse paying over $25 (cost me $100), I got the winner and it paid $48 on super tab, was $8 in England lol.

Last edited:

intentcity

First Grade
Best one I can remember was when Better loosen up went to japan for the japan cup, the English form described him as a mangy gelding who's been running in weak Australian races, that was probably the first time the Australian tabs took bets on an overseas race, he started around $1,50 in Australia, you could have written your own ticket in japan and Europe though.

Sphagnum

Coach
Saw a dog run second at Ipswich one night in an 8 dog field. Winner paid $1.10 win and $1.00 place and second paid $42.00 for the place.

Foz

Bench
I got a double at the WA dogs one night First leg started 5/2 second leg 7/2 and it paid $225.
Don't worry it's got me unders plenty of times.

Anyone notice the quaddie pool at Del Mar this morning? $8
Well at least the 4/5 favourite won the first leg.