What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update on Sam Burgess' Shoulder Injury

09 Dec 2010

2010SamBurgessInjury091210Detail-29d97728-36b3-465d-806e-1d97ef7daf36.jpg
[FONT=&quot]Rabbitohs forward Sam Burgess has had surgery this week to repair damage to his shoulder suffered in England’s Four Nations clash with Papua New Guinea in November.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Burgess’ shoulder was not healing as quickly as expected, so he went in for shoulder surgery yesterday to repair the damage.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Burgess will commence rehabilitation training in four weeks and will be available to start the 2011 season for the Rabbitohs.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=83

More surgery for Burgess

By Nathan Ryan
9 December 2010 01:59PM EST

SOUTH Sydney’s 2011 campaign has suffered a blow with English import Sam Burgess having undergone yet another shoulder operation.

Burgess received an arthroscopy on his troublesome left shoulder on Wednesday, which will keep him in a sling for four weeks with a further 10 weeks in rehabilitation.
Although he underwent surgery yesterday, the club is confident he will be back on the pitch come Round 1, however it is likely he will miss the All-Stars match and charity shield.
Last month the 21-year-old was forced to leave the field midway through the opening half of England's 36-10 Four Nations win over Papua New Guinea at Eden Park with what appeared to be a dislocated shoulder.
Burgess failed to return to the game and was in considerable pain in the changing rooms afterwards, unable to lift his arm.
The Rabbitohs released a statement three days after the injury, clearing the English International who has a history of shoulder problems having undergone a full reconstruction on his right shoulder during his time with Bradford in the English Super League.
Although Burgess had “no major damage” to the shoulder further scans last week showed the injury is worse than expected.
A spokesperson for the club told nospam23.com.au, “He was due to start training the first week of January and he came into the office and said it still didn’t feel quite right so we sent him for more scans.”
“The scans showed it was worse than expected so he had the operation.”
Burgess has completed the first of four years with the club contracted til the end of 2014.
Meanwhile, Parramatta star Jarryd Hayne has confirmed he won't be back to full training until the new year after tearing one of the tendons in his hamstring.
Hayne described his recovery from the injury, which occurred during training in October, as a "long process".
"I'm still able to run, it's just the explosiveness and the taking off real quick that (the club are) really worried about because the last thing they want to happen is for me to do it again," Hayne said on Wednesday while attending a Christmas party for children from NRL Club and One Community charities.
"We sort of knew that I wasn't going to be back to full training 'til after Christmas and I guess we were hoping for a quicker healing process but it wasn't meant to be."
With AAP.

http://www.nospam23.com.au/articles/2010/12/09/more-surgery-for-burgess/

DC_fan

Coach
Burgess received an arthroscopy on his troublesome left shoulder on Wednesday, which will keep him in a sling for four weeks with a further 10 weeks in rehabilitation.

Although he underwent surgery yesterday, the club is confident he will be back on the pitch come Round 1, however it is likely he will miss the All-Stars match and charity shield.

Four weeks plus 10 weeks equals 14 weeks. The start of the premiership is just 13 weeks away.

So can someone tell me how if your rehabilitation is not going to finish for another 14 weeks you can be ready to play in 13 weeks?

Seems to me that someone in the club is not good at math. Could that be the reason for our problems with Inglis's contract.

Latest posts