What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

UPDATE !!

troy

Juniors
God you would think they could give us a bloody update on how the guys are going ... I know they've just got back but still we don't here anything .
Does anyone know how the new guys are settling in ? who is training well etc ... anything - anyone ...

troy

Juniors
ive gotta correct that spelling - hear anything ..lol sorry i couldn't stand it

shadowboxer

First Grade
No news is good news. The only news they are printing at the moment is negative stuff anyway.

ghoti

Bench
I heard a while a go the best trainer by far was Michael Russo...so that's a pretty good sign. A few other names were mentioned, but I'm not exactly sure who they were...I'm pretty sure Paul Franze was one of them.

From what I've seen, a few of the boys are proud owners of large guts...namely Nathan Merritt...

Alan Shore

First Grade
Has there been any press releases from the club, or secret insider info re the World Sevens squad?

BeenThere

Juniors
Monday for the naming of the sevens squad. Monday is also the day they are 'trimming' the training squads.

ali

Bench
This was buried in the football section of the website. Not sure how long a go it was written.

After two years based at the Loftus Tafe, the Sharks have moved the majority of their training back to Toyota Park, partly in a bid to make the team fell more at home when kickoff time
comes around on the weekends. They are extremely keen to return to the days where winning away against the Sharks was almost worthy of four competition points rather than two.

The players are fit, enthusiastic and primed to show the disappointments of last year should be quickly forgotten.

While the old heads look primed for big things, already a number of the young guns are putting their best foot forward hoping to press for an opportunity in the top grade come the start of the
season in March.

Young fullback/centre/winger David Simmons has looked sensational on the training paddock, as has Paul Franze, returning from a knee injury that saw him miss the majority of 2003.
Russell Aitken, touted as a potential representative player by many good judges, is now injury free and ready to show just what he is capable of.

Andrew Emelio, a player who received limited first grade opportunities last year is fitter, stronger and keener than every before. He could well be a smoky when the coaching staff sits down in February/March to select the top team.

In the forwards, while the abilities of Danny Nutley, Chris Beattie and Jason Stevens are without question, a bunch of youngsters are showing early signs of being more than adequate back ups.

Expect to see the likes of Jon Green, Nathan Vagg, Dale Newton, Keith Galloway, Michael Greenfield and Jason Williams, along with the more experienced Roy Friend and Shaun Wessels, pushing the established stars for places in the front row.

And at the back of the scrum, Chris Piper, Cameron Ciraldo, Daniel Dumas and Reece Williams, while short on experience, are no doubt long on talent judging by what they have already produced
in the pre season.

On top of those mentioned, add the new boys who will turn out in Sharks colours for the first time, including Andrew Lomu, Nigel Vagana, Dimiti Pelo, Nathan Merrit and Michael Russo. All have
adapted to football down Cronulla way with barely a hitch and are sure to make major contributions in 2004.

So don’t wait any longer to get your season seat for next year. Prices vary according to where the seats are located, with excellent positions in all stands and on the concourse, still available.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
The local Leader, a fairfax publication, comes out each tues and thur, and often has sharks (and saints news). Their website www.theleader.com is however hopelessly out of date. I recently emailed them setting out that numerous ex cro/sutho people like to keep up to date but they failed to reply. :cry: Alas it appears they don't care.

troy

Juniors
Thats a good article Ali thanx >.... and Gunna i checked in the Leader also and it was still stuck in last .. go figure..

Im telling you guys this team is more then capable of winning this comp !!

Be excited !!

fatshark

Bench
Yep we sure have a LOT of depth in the forwards. hopefully some of these young backs will lift like Aitken and Emilio.

ali

Bench
I am keeping a close eye on the Leader as do many other posters, so if anything is in their fine publication then I am sure it will be repeated here.

Anyway it looks like we are getting some news on Monday, so there should be a good write up in Tuesday Leader as well as maybe the Sydney papers.

cheese

Bench
Not thats it really breaking news or anything ....

But the boys were running the dunes yesterday in ball tearing 30+ degrees conditions.

It seemed asthough gibbo slept in or something though, because he rocked up about 2hours late and it was asthough he couldnt park his car fast enough. He may be injured though?!

anyway ....its good to see them doing the hard yards

troy

Juniors
were they looking fit and enthusiastic !! (well as much as you could in that heat) I wonder how Raper is going i.e r the guys taking to him ?

cheese

Bench
I didnt actually "see" them ........but when i was getting my wetty on in the greenhills carpark, a few of the trainers were floating around the boom gates with crates full of ice and drink bottles. So that would mean that guys were out on the dunes slogging it out.

the only person i saw was gibbo.........he looks bigger

wittyfan

Referee
cheese said:

But the boys were running the dunes yesterday in ball tearing 30+ degrees conditions.

It seemed asthough gibbo slept in or something though, because he rocked up about 2hours late and it was asthough he couldnt park his car fast enough. He may be injured though?!

Maybe another prank was played on poor Gibbo. :lol:

Alan Shore

First Grade
sullyfan said:
cheese said:

Maybe another prank was played on poor Gibbo. :lol:

Haha! Or perhaps he's lazy and that's why Ando punted him? We'll never know the answer to that, though.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
A couple of things I really liked reading here.

1.CYA later f**king Loftus Tafe.

2.Emilio bigger & keener.

This bloke loves a bit of depth. I can't rave about his GF display a few years ago enough.

Special K

Coach
Emilio learnt how to tackle yet?

I really like him a lot but he just seemed lost when we had to defend.

has he still got that kick ass hair?

carinashark

First Grade
I will miss the Tafe trainning , It was great cos I used to stop by on a wednesday and watch them. The open park trainning sessions are well worth watching and if u can stay long enough to see the touch game it can be way funny as well. Oh well Ill have to go down to shark park now, might be harder to explain to the boss tho.
Carinashark

PJ

First Grade
Carina they were training at the oval beside Sutho pool Monday about 9am

Latest posts