What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USA 2025 RLWC not dead?

Pommy

Coach
They could just be talking it up to make Australia be more competitive in their bidding.

adamkungl

Immortal
So my hope is the backers behind Wolfpack and other N.American bids form a consortium to back the 2025 WC it and host it in Canada+USA.

A Canadian fella on twitter told me unequivocally that no one in Toronto is gonna watch outdoor sports in the freezing cold of November. Will never happen. No chance.

But the 2017 MLS Cup has Toronto's BMO Field hosting sellout crowds right through to December
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_MLS_Cup_Playoffs#Matches

No doubt soccer's a bigger deal by orders of magnitude than RL currently is, but i think its fair to say his claim is demonstrably false.
Wikipedia describes the final's weather as pretty bloody shitty, yet 30,000 showed up.

Despite forecasts with cold and snowy conditions, the match kicked off in cloudy weather at a temperature of 1 °C (34 °F), reported to be −7 °C (19 °F) with wind chill

There's hope for us yet!