What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USA 37 - Jamaica 22

BatiFan

Juniors
Report from Jacksonville is that the USA beat Jamaica 37-22.

More details and pics to come over the next few days I hope

Evil Homer

Staff member
Surprise result, the AMNRL must be stronger than we thought considering Jamaica had a couple of pros in their squad. Any news on attendance?

roopy

Referee
That's a top effort by the Yanks.
I suppose the Jamacians weren't a cohesive unit with little time to train together, but they were a very strong side on paper, so the Yanks must have played well.

8Ball

First Grade
Good result for international football. Sounds like a nice competitive match. Anyone catch the crowd?

Western_Eel

Juniors
3500 crowd not bad at all, sounded like a cracker of a game, would be good if we could get some footage

roopy

Referee
Here are a few things guys
- We will need at least 2000 to break even providing we get all the potential sponsors we have had verbals from. If any of them drop off or restructure before signing we will need to get more paying fans accordingly
Hopefully a 3500 crowd means a tidy profit - I suppose it goes to the AMNRL, and i hope it's used to either send the Tomahawks to Jamacia, or to put on a bigger and better promotion of the same match next year.

romeocbarsharks

Juniors
Hopefully a 3500 crowd means a tidy profit - I suppose it goes to the AMNRL, and i hope it's used to either send the Tomahawks to Jamacia, or to put on a bigger and better promotion of the same match next year.

It was a great game..Jamaica led 12-10 half time ..but the interceptions killed us off.. good players on both teams, decent standard of rugby..Atlantic Cup is up and running folks! Thanks to Spinner, David, Danny, Kevin, the RLEF and RFL..we had a great time.

Good result for the Seppos. Hopefully it's an idication that the domestic players there are improving. Jamaica had a good side with the English players there and I still think they could be a darkhorse for the WC next time.It'd be great to see these sides play against the likes of Fiji or Wales to really test their level.

crimpo

Juniors
Oh let Mr Niu talk a bit of hype - its all good for the game!

Sounds like a successful venture enjoyed by the players and crowd. Well done to all concerned.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Excellent clips. Great work everyone. Re earlier in the tread, Petersen has been released by Wakefield.