What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

USA - Australia v USA League Test

carlnz

Bench
Its hard to rank when USA only play Ireland, Japan and Russia. every year..they need to play Lebanon or a pacific side like they are today

iggy plop

First Grade
ripper73 said:
Actually Nambia is ranked 25th in Union

20 team union world cup and 10 of them were absolute duds.

Union calls itself a world game :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

***MH***

Bench
would u think australia would play them lighty so as not to embarras them or would that dishonor them and pull the game into disrepute?

ripper

iggy plop said:
ripper73 said:

Better then having one team capable of winning the WC...

Razor

Coach
yakstorm said:
Heck I'd pull on a USA jersey if I could to play against the Kangaroos simply cause it would be a fantastic thing in anyones career.

I remember after the Russia-Australia game at the 2000WC, a lot of the players said playing in the match was the highlight of their career.

The result doesn't matter. It's giving the US players an opportunity to play against the worlds best. Union does that well, something Australian League doesn't seem to be interetested in.

joshreading

Staff member
Apparently there are a number of Poms that could possibly turn out for the US.

Anyone know who they area?

carlnz

Bench
ripper73 said:
iggy plop said:
ripper73 said:

Hmmmmm lets see, England Australia and NZ they were the only three teams that could win the rugby world cup!!

And in League, Australia, NZ and England.......hm same three teams!

ripper

Umm No...

Only 1 team is capapble of winning a League WC at the moment - Australia.

They beat the 2nd ranked team 48-6.

In your list you also forgot SA and France as capapble winners with Argentina, Ireland and Samoa capable of Upsets

carlnz

Bench
So is NZ in league...SA never had a hope of winning the WC, same to the other teams! Rugby is the same as the League, same three teams! Only difference are that the other nations are stronger than the League nations.

What about when the all blacks beat australia 50-20 or what ever the score was? Then Australia came back and beat NZ just like in the league...

Jeffles

Bench
ripper73 said:
Umm No...

In your list you also forgot SA and France as capapble winners with Argentina, Ireland and Samoa capable of Upsets

You conveniently neglect that the 2nd team beat the first team convincingly in their most recent clash. Also, the 3rd team showed last year (against OZ) and the year before (against NZ) they can cut it with the first 2.

RSA and France could win a RUWC, I'll give you that. So the score would be 5-3 in favour of Union. the ratio of nations playing RU:RL is greater than 5:3, so the score of 5 for RU speaks poorly for their international stage.

As for that last comment (nations capable of upsets), stick to the point. While those nations could have a surprise win, they would definitely be out of their depth in a RUWC final.

eelandia

Juniors
ripper73 said:
Umm No...

Let's not talk scores - Some NZ team beat the poofy Tah-tahs by a ton didn't they (Mickey Mouse Super 12s). I think it was 1st V 2nd at the time - absolutely disgraceful.

BTW - SA are no hope and its only going to get worse for them as all the racists pack up and move to Perth. Soccer's their only hope.

AuckMel

Bench
ripper73 said:
Umm No...

Umm, yes.

Bullshit.

And then got thrashed by them later in the year. Why? Preperation. A ruggeroid like yourself should know how valuable preperation is. Thanks heavens (at least) we won't be ambushed again this year. At least both teams will start off on equal footing.

In your list you also forgot SA and France as capapble winners

ROFL. France are worse than the All Blacks when it comes to the big games. SA are gone.

with Argentina, Ireland and Samoa capable of Upsets

Those 3 teams won't win the WC in your lifetime.

JVinAZ

Juniors
Jeff Card said:
What is the venue like at Columbia University?

Good idea, but I believe it has artificial turf. Princeton, in New Jersey is prabably a better option.

JVinAZ

Juniors
Jeff Card said:
What is the venue like at Columbia University?

Good idea, but I believe it has artificial turf. Princeton, in New Jersey is prabably a better option.

ripper

Let's not talk scores - Some NZ team beat the poofy Tah-tahs by a ton didn't they (Mickey Mouse Super 12s). I think it was 1st V 2nd at the time - absolutely disgraceful.

Because the Tahs played a weakend team that round....

The only reasons the Kiwis won round 2 because the Aussies played a serverly weakend team - which then went on to beat Gt Britain 3-0.

Thats another thing, England suck when there on there own... They lost to the Kiwis 49-6 last time they played.....

ripper

AuckMel said:
ripper73 said:

bullsh*t.
Explain why whenever there both at full strength. the Aussies thrash the Kiwis and GB...

And then got thrashed by them later in the year. Why? Preperation. A ruggeroid like yourself should know how valuable preperation is. Thanks heavens (at least) we won't be ambushed again this year. At least both teams will start off on equal footing.

Wont make a difference unless the Aussies play another severely weakend side...

In your list you also forgot SA and France as capapble winners

ROFL. France are worse than the All Blacks when it comes to the big games. SA are gone.
Which is why the French were in the Semi-Finals, losing to the eventual winners....

with Argentina, Ireland and Samoa capable of Upsets

Those 3 teams won't win the WC in your lifetime.
Where did i say the would win it? They have the ablity though...

JK

regular happy pill aren't you?? :?

I hope that the team that plays the US makes a spectacular game of it. They will win by heaps but show some razzle dazzle rather than barging over a less fit forward pack.

Anyway - all publicity is good publicity! 8)

AuckMel

Bench
ripper73 said:
Explain why whenever there both at full strength. the Aussies thrash the Kiwis and GB...

I've already explained that to you. It's not my fault you're too thick or just too plain ignorant to understand it.

Wont make a difference unless the Aussies play another severely weakend side...

You mean like the Kiwi team of last year? A team with not one single British based player available, and a team without half their first choice Australasian based players available?