What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V Sharks

Scorpio30

Bench
VODAFONE WARRIORS v CRONULLA SHARKS
Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland
2.00pm, Sunday, August 5
VODAFONE WARRIORS
1 KEVIN LOCKE
2 BILL TUPOU
3 BEN HENRY
4 LEWIS BROWN
5 MANU VATUVEI (c)
6 JAMES MALONEY
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 RUSSELL PACKER
9 NATHAN FRIEND
10 BEN MATULINO
11 FELETI MATEO
12 ELIJAH TAYLOR
13 SEBASTINE IKAHIHIFO
Interchange:
14 CARLOS TUIMAVAVE
15 SIONE LOUSI
16 JACOB LILLYMAN
17 STEVE RAPIRA
20 UKUMA TA’AI
HEAD COACH: BRIAN McCLENNAN

http://www.thewarriors.com.au/news-display/Milestones-and-another-debutant-on-Sunday/60554

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
That's right Bluey, debutants will get the job done.

We have now named three debutants in consecutive weeks. Is it any wonder we don't have the poise to close out games? Is this the sort of mix that will inspire a wonderful run home to the finals? I doubt it.

I think we will have to face the reality that Hurrell is going to be perennially injury-plagued.

Juju

Juniors
Carlos to cover for Lewi?

Bluey really is taking the planning for 2013 strategy...

Blair

Coach
We'll have two next year, if Hurrell stays fit. And seems like Bluey is already planning for 2013.

But it's not next year it's this year! Once again we're makeshifting in the middle of the backline. No wonder we've fallen short.

Last week was the first time I've seen Locke get burned for pace, so he's obviously not right. That leaves the halves and Manu to score the tries (equalling speculative bombs galore).

Good night nurse.

Iafeta

Referee
Interesting to see Ukuma Ta'ai on the five man bench. Are they inferring they may reconsider that he may have a future at the club? Not sure on Carlos TBH, I haven't been as impressed with him this year. Either way, I am though excited to see Sebastine in the starting line up (thoroughly deserved) and I do want Carlos to have a good 'un. Hopefully they have the NRL on TV in Thailand...

Rich102

Staff member
Interesting to see Ukuma Ta'ai on the five man bench. Are they inferring they may reconsider that he may have a future at the club? Not sure on Carlos TBH, I haven't been as impressed with him this year. Either way, I am though excited to see Sebastine in the starting line up (thoroughly deserved) and I do want Carlos to have a good 'un. Hopefully they have the NRL on TV in Thailand...

The DMC seems to manage. Ask him?

Aragorn

First Grade
VODAFONE WARRIORS v CRONULLA SHARKS
Mount Smart Stadium, Auckland
2.00pm, Sunday, August 5
VODAFONE WARRIORS
1 KEVIN LOCKE
2 BILL TUPOU
3 BEN HENRY
4 LEWIS BROWN
5 MANU VATUVEI (c)
6 JAMES MALONEY
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 RUSSELL PACKER
9 NATHAN FRIEND
10 BEN MATULINO
11 FELETI MATEO
12 ELIJAH TAYLOR
13 SEBASTINE IKAHIHIFO
Interchange:
14 CARLOS TUIMAVAVE
15 SIONE LOUSI
16 JACOB LILLYMAN
17 STEVE RAPIRA
20 UKUMA TA’AI
HEAD COACH: BRIAN McCLENNAN

http://www.thewarriors.com.au/news-display/Milestones-and-another-debutant-on-Sunday/60554

Mannering, Luck, and Sammy Rapira all still injured?

Sharks are in with a chance this weekend - assuming Carney, Gallen & Smith play.

Mike0070

Juniors
I like to have seen Sam Lousi continue on....and dont we have speed to burn out wide!
Sam looks slow and clumsy especially against the knights , I'm still positive we can make a go at the eight but having said that we still can't string two decent performances together. If they could harness akuma tais passion I think he would be someone for the future

Nervous and excited for sunday

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
We'll have two next year, if Hurrell stays fit. And seems like Bluey is already planning for 2013.

You're relying on Hurrell or Ropati to be fit. To be honest, with their track records, we'll only have Nielson fit.

His planning for 2013 may have cost us this season.
The past 3 games have been winnable, notably the last 2 with our leads.
Had we won those 3, we'd be comfortably in the 8 and peoples perceptions of Bluey would be alot different.

Meth

Staff member

Sharks are in with a chance this weekend - assuming Carney, Gallen & Smith play.

They are in with a (very good) chance without them

Iafeta

Referee
Seems to have been... he's in the backrow for the Vulcans with Ukuma Ta'ai and... Michael Luck.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade

Wouldn't look too hard into the Taai selection.

Agree with Sebastine
Havnt seen much of Carlos this year, but from what i've seen in previous years, i'm quite excited to see him in action

Aragorn

First Grade
Seems to have been... he's in the backrow for the Vulcans with Ukuma Ta'ai and... Michael Luck.

WTF is up with that? a bit of a cameo appearance then back to the Vulcans so Carlos or someone other rookie can have a go? I dont get it..... too complicated for a simple man such as myself...:lol:

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Others would have watched the 20s more than me but I haven't been that impressed with Tuimavave when I have. I don't know if anyone knows what his best position is yet, so he's looking like being a poor man's Lance Hohaia - without the hooking skills.

Didn't the Warriors tell Ta'ai to look elsewhere earlier in the year? I'm sure he would have found a club, albeit on minimal money. Might well be the UK.

Blair

Coach

The Sharks have got some pace out wide too, expect the final nail in the coffin this Sunday.

We might be demoralised too, if the fans are then I can't see why the team wouldn't be unless they believe their own hype or have an inner-belief (which is a good thing).