What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vagana to the Raiders?

kaon

Juniors
I must say i stole this topic from Dubby when i saw it on LWOS but what does everyone think of Nigel Vagana coming to the Raiders? What are the advantages and disadvantages of a classy but expensive outside back?

Matt Elliott did say that the Raiders are looking for one more quality outside back and Vagana certainly fits the bill. My only concerns are that his age is stating to go against him and also he wouldn't come cheap. We also have Monaghan and Graham who are certainly starting to develop into a lethal combination. I think the comment that Elliott made is now certainly out of date because the development of Monaghan/Graham and we also have Mogg to cover depth.

My choice would be to keep that money under the cap available and wait until a quality half comes onto the market then give Drew a release. Michael Monaghan could make that plan redundant as well.

legend

Coach
Definitely think we do not need Vagana. We have a bad track record with Kiwi backs and at 27, I don't think he can justify the 300k he is asking. Maybe the Tigers will pay that sort of $$$ for him but i'd be pissed off if Elliott did.

I do, however, think we need one more established outside back and if I had my choice, I would select Matt Cooper from St George. I think he would be a star at Canberra.

bucko

Juniors
I don't believe we need another outside back at the raiders. We have plenty of depth there, Mogg, Graham, Monaghan, Lolessi, Robertson, Bulgerelli, Jenson just to name a few. Vagana is also not getting any younger and Legend is right when he says we should save that money for another purchase.

sydraider

First Grade
Here we are talking bout how well the reggies are and the
younger up and comers and we want to waste money on vagana :shock:
He can go to the uk, i dont want him, i am totally confident with
the talent in our own backyard, we should concentrate on them,
it worked in the past.

legend

Coach
I never want to see Jensen in first grade again. He has the worst hands in the club and in his only appearance this year against the Storm, he had an absolute shocker.

The club knows what it is doing so we'll just sit back and enjoy the ride. :D

sydraider

First Grade
Mogg, Graham<Monaghan,Evans and Bulgarelli, this is the future vagana is the past, hope he enjoys the shire.

sydraider

First Grade
Thanks for the correction bucko i forgot robbo but wasnt intentionally i must have been hungover or something lol

dubby

Bench
Yeah steal my topic :twisted:

Nah, we're pretty right i guess, for outside backs. Choc's kicking is a worry tho!

bucko

Juniors
He seems to go throught patches of how well he kicks. He's also the only bloke I've seen who bends the ball the opposite way.

Latest posts