What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vai Toutai

Gronk

Staff member
Not convinced about Vai, massive brain explosion trying to pass that ball in the in goal and he lacks speed. Would rather see Jerome given a shot.

Agree Jake. He lost me when he was in the clear. Showed zero pace. Good wingers have genuine pace these days. Flick him IMHO.

EelsFan05

Bench
Before Koribete got injured he showed how a strong, quick winger can really help a team. Grothe Jnr was the last winger we had that made an impact running out of our quarter.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Agree Jake. He lost me when he was in the clear. Showed zero pace. Good wingers have genuine pace these days. Flick him IMHO.

That was when he passed back inside to Loko?
Toutai was jogging, trying to position the support runner and draw the fullback methinks?

Not saying he's quick - but that's not a fair judgement to make on him.

On him flicking the ball back inside, oh well - one of those plays... He was trying to make a positive difference. Had it gone directly to Hayne, he would've got out of the in-goal and we would've been singing Vai's praises for trying something gutsy. Unfortunately I think if he'd just left it, Reddy was no chance of getting to the ball and it would've been dead....
Hopefully the young bloke learns something there.

oldmancraigy

Coach
On the 'who misses out' thing. I think Morgan is ahead of Sio and Blair as a first grader, surely? Morgan could easily play wing outside Tonga. Morgan would defend better on the wing anyway, and in the games he's played there, he has always acquitted himself nicely.

I'm not sold on Sio - just seems a massive issue in defence, and we've got enough of those already...

Morgan, Tonga, Loko, Toutai

Bigfella

Coach
On the who misses out - barely any of them are first graders so they shouldn't be too precious about it

parra pete

Referee
Blair must be playing like a busted if Vai is better value than him. One and a half games and he has conceded three tries. IMO ----Not up to NRL standard. Can't catch, can't tackle, has no positional play, and makes poor decisions.
Ben Smith knows how to concede a penalty. First one AGAIN tonight. Bet he is the first in the second half too. Watch him...

Utey

Coach
If we had some half descent go forward, sped up the play the ball and developed some line speed, we'd give our backs some room to move...

parra pete

Referee
He's young. Played u20s 3 weeks ago.

If you're good enough, you are old enough..he's not.
Just think, the Eels had Danny Mortimer, Daniel Topou and James Maloney on their books...and let them go. Thank god Morgan played tonight, it would have been embarrassing:oops: