What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Val Holmes is doing a Q+A on the NRL facebook page

Poss

Juniors
Right now.

One question was:

"How long do you think you will stay with the Sharkies for?"

Val responded -"I'm signed until the end of 2017 and hopefully I can play well and and can sign on long term! I really like it at the club".

Get it done.

Frailty

First Grade
Anyone honestly expecting he will get punished?

I have close to zero expectations that the NRL will punish him, and they'll hide behind the 'we can't confirm it was an illicit substance', etc.

DJDL

First Grade

I have close to zero expectations that the NRL will punish him, and they'll hide behind the 'we can't confirm it was an illicit substance', etc.

You'd hope they'd be smart enough to send up some drug testers on the first available flight.

But I'm sure it will take a couple of days of 'reviewing' the incident, then board meetings discussing what they should do, then arrange drug tests some time early next month.

I guess the other thing is the RPLA would probably mount an argument against testing for illicit substances in the off season.

Either way, I'm not holding my breath.

Quicksilver

Bench

Didnt something similar come up a while ago and they couldn't test because it was the offseason. I swear we've been here before.

R-15-3

Bench
Would be easy to just have it as if a player is seen with white powder it’s bringing the game into disrepute and carries a suspension with no other evidence required.

Poss

Juniors
Smith and Munster most recently. Didn’t they have to sit out a trial match last preseason or something soft like that?

Chimp

Bench
Different scenario I think.
Performance enhancing they can test any time. Recreational has to be in-season.
He’s been named in the Aus train-on squad, so surely that’s still in-season?

Similar to what happened with Ponga and Smith/Munster, NRL won’t really be bothered, and neither will clubs. And RLPA will his behind a cupboard until it’s blown over.

Latest posts