What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Val Holmes set to join the NFL - Sharks grant release

shiznit

Coach
"Hayne will never play a down in NFL"- All the NFL fanboys on LU pre-2015.
Well did he play a down in the NFL??

He returned punts... but technically that isn’t a down...

The guy did far better than I ever thought he would have...

I can’t actually remember if he played anywhere other than special teams in the regular season.

But let’s be honest here... he failed miserably.

Israel Folau’s AFL career was more successful than Jarryd Haynes NFL one...

He’s hardly the example you want point to when your trying to stick it to the LU NFL guys... :joy::joy:

TIGER14

Bench
Well he does have a point

Not really. Players break contracts all the time. You don't hear him roid rage when it doesn't affect Cronulla.
The bloke's been around long enough to know someone of his intelligence should just keep their mouth shut.

shiznit

Coach
Not really. Players break contracts all the time. You don't hear him roid rage when it doesn't affect Cronulla.
The bloke's been around long enough to know someone of his intelligence should just keep their mouth shut.
Not to mention....

HE DIDNT BREAK HIS f**kING CONTRACT!!

He was released by Cronulla.

The Sharks had every right to demand he honoured the last year of his contract but they didn’t...

Gal seems to have missed that part...

hrundi99

First Grade
Well did he play a down in the NFL??

He returned punts... but technically that isn’t a down...

The guy did far better than I ever thought he would have...

I can’t actually remember if he played anywhere other than special teams in the regular season.

But let’s be honest here... he failed miserably.

Israel Folau’s AFL career was more successful than Jarryd Haynes NFL one...

He’s hardly the example you want point to when your trying to stick it to the LU NFL guys... :joy::joy:

He didn't fail at all. The fact that he got on the field is beyond a miracle.

It's a shame it didn't go further than that but he was competing against tens of thousands of people and he made it.

MilkShark

First Grade
Not really. Players break contracts all the time.
Yep players break contracts and run off to different codes allllllllll the time.

There is a pretty big friggen difference between breaking a contract to go to another club and breaking a club contract to go to another code. We are losing a star player from the game completely. Get it?????

Perhaps someone of your intelligence doesn’t understand that though.

You should have kept your mouth shut.

Last edited:

shiznit

Coach
He didn't fail at all. The fact that he got on the field is beyond a miracle.

It's a shame it didn't go further than that but he was competing against tens of thousands of people and he made it.
That’s a pretty f**king low bar...

Gal’s had peptide cycles which have lasted longer than Haynes NFL career...

shiznit

Coach
Yep players break contracts and run off to different codes allllllllll the time.

There is a pretty big friggen difference between breaking a contract to go to another and breaking a club contract to go to another code. We are losing a star player from the game completely. Get it?????

You should take your own advice...

You’re talking absolute bollocks...

The Sharks released the kid... you can’t come back and complain if you released him.

All Gals talk about banning them is f**king horseshit...

Todd Greenberg and his cronies can’t do shit to any athletes who leave the game and want to come back.

They can’t give a directive to ban them for life... it would get thrown out in court as a restraint of trade.

TIGER14

Bench

There is a pretty big friggen difference between breaking a contract to go to another and breaking a club contract to go to another code. We are losing a star player from the game completely. Get it?????

Do you think Gallen really cares whether it's to another code or another NRL club? He didn't get his way so he had a cry about it. Toys out of the cot.

shiznit

Coach
A 27 year old bloke who’d never played the game made the squad and played in NFL. That’s pretty bloody special.
In all honesty he did better than i thought he ever would... after the preseason i thought he was gonna do something real special...

Then he got on the field with all the bright lights and looked like an absolute nuffy...

It was certainly a great achievement... but what that young Mailata kid from the Bunnies NYC team has done at the Eagles has been miles bigger than what Hayne did IMO...

MilkShark

First Grade
You should take your own advice...

You’re talking absolute bollocks...

The Sharks released the kid... you can’t come back and complain if you released him.

All Gals talk about banning them is f**king horseshit...

Todd Greenberg and his cronies can’t do shit to any athletes who leave the game and want to come back.

They can’t give a directive to ban them for life... it would get thrown out in court as a restraint of trade.
He was released because he requested a release. Sure they could have stood their ground but like most clubs they aren’t going to hold someone against their will. Think of it however you please but it’s a broken contract.

T-Boon

Coach
I've got to admit Cronulla is a team I never watch except when they play my team Parra, so I have rarely seen Von play, but I am still 110% sure that he is either not big enough or not fast enough. You can be small in the NFL (Sproles, Hill etc) but if you are you better be lightning fast.
Hayne did great but in the end his measurables were just enough to get on the bubble. Holmes is not any where near as good as Hayne was.
I think Holmes would make a fist of some college football but that is it.

MilkShark

First Grade
Do you think Gallen really cares whether it's to another code or another NRL club? He didn't get his way so he had a cry about it. Toys out of the cot.
He is the sharks captain and he just lost their best player, of course he is pissed for the club.

But the bigger picture is we need to protect our own game so that more players don’t decide to leave it by breaking contracts.

Did Gallen crack it when radradra left? Who knows, they probably never asked him because it’s a rival club, but you can bet Mannah did. Is he a sook too?

Generalzod

Immortal
Who's having a cry about it??? So having his say is having a cry about it, f**k some men you just can't reach....

Last edited:

Latest posts