What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Val ,who.

well Matt Rogers went ok in rugby union, and Preston Campbell and Marty Lang. were other notable exceptions but I do agree with AJB.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Found out on the weekend Ryan Girdler played for Gymea Gorillas in the under 10’s before his family moved to Wollongong.

That probably wins the earliest the one that got away.

lol.

Cliffy Lyons played for the Sharks U23, lived in Gymea. Also Mick Cronin approached the Sharks first as it was the closest Club to his families pub, we knocked him back.

ghoti

Bench
Will always love Val for sittin on the wing and making breaks through all of 2016..will always hate him for falling into the 'im a fullback' shit and dickin us around for two years before f**kin off to the States anyway.

So glad he's not on our books for 900k or whatever the cows are paying him! It took a year if pain and f**ked us up last year, but endig up with SJ in form and improving is a good outcome! I really do hope Bomber has got a good signing/retention head that won't get us in the shit again. His relationship with the juniors gives us good medium/long-term thinking and then it's just a matter of bringing in a handful of experienced guys here and there when we need em.

Quicksilver

Bench
Cliffy Lyons played for the Sharks U23, lived in Gymea. Also Mick Cronin approached the Sharks first as it was the closest Club to his families pub, we knocked him back.

I haven’t heard that one about Cronin before but it makes sense.(or I’ve forgotten it)

That’s a bad one.

Inferno

Coach
Am I the only one who thinks he will come good as a fullback?

It was where he played all his junior footy and it was exactly what where we were going to play him.

He's first year back after playing a completely different sport and has suffered a few injuries, he'll be fine.

It was where he played all his junior footy and it was exactly what where we were going to play him.

He's first year back after playing a completely different sport and has suffered a few injuries, he'll be fine.

Inferno, He was certainly killing it at fullback in his last year with us.

I just think he has lost so much momentum in his career and he has to really work hard to get that mojo back.

Also in the limited games he has played for the Cows let’s face it he has been playing behind a beaten pack and some very average halves pairings.

Frailty

First Grade

He could.

He definitely started improving in the position for us, though I wouldn't say he was being exceptional out the back.

I think the big thing that held him back was the different conditioning in the NFL. He did pack on a bit of bulk and I think that hasn't helped his form out the back. He is young enough this could be changed though.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade

Latest posts