What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vale Alan Heiler

southsport

First Grade
From another forum.

Vale Alan Heiler

Wed 13th September, 03:05PM

1505279146361.jpg;pve9d9687d7bddc174

The South Sydney Rabbitohs are mourning the passing of premiership-winning player and Life Member, Alan Heiler, who passed away yesterday (Tuesday) aged 73.

Mr Heiler played 180 games for South Sydney between 1962 and 1972 including 42 first grade games.

Mr Heiler won three premierships with South Sydney, winning the 1962 third grade premiership, the 1966 second grade title and the 1968 second grade championship. Mr Heiler was named as the reserve centre for the 1965 first grade side that played St George in the Grand Final and was runner up in the 1967 second grade premiership.

Mr Heiler was awarded Life Membership of the South Sydney Football Club in 1996.

On behalf of everyone connected with the Rabbitohs we offer our deepest and most sincere condolences to the family and friends of Mr Alan Heiler.

Funeral details for Mr Heiler will be forthcoming.

doyen

Bench
He was a handy winger on his day wasn't he shadow.

He was a stocky,pretty quick little winger. He was about a month younger than me. Too young to pass on really--STHS through & through!

He played mostly lower grades but always did an efficient job when called into 1sts.

I watched him play a lot back in the "good old days" at Redfern Oval. Back when there were 3 grades--1st,reserve grade & 3rd grade.

No bullshit back then----the 3rd grade played the early game;the 2nds ran on to play basically when the 3rds were trudging off to the showers--they crossed paths in the tunnel--the same occurred after the 2nds finished as the 1st grade ran out!!

Non-stop footy;no time wasted with any extra crap--just good,fair-dinkum RL entertainment.
The game was much better to watch too!!

southsport

First Grade
He was a stocky,pretty quick little winger. He was about a month younger than me. Too young to pass on really--STHS through & through!

He played mostly lower grades but always did an efficient job when called into 1sts.

I watched him play a lot back in the "good old days" at Redfern Oval. Back when there were 3 grades--1st,reserve grade & 3rd grade.

No bullshit back then----the 3rd grade played the early game;the 2nds ran on to play basically when the 3rds were trudging off to the showers--they crossed paths in the tunnel--the same occurred after the 2nds finished as the 1st grade ran out!!

Non-stop footy;no time wasted with any extra crap--just good,fair-dinkum RL entertainment.
The game was much better to watch too!!

Alan was heir apparent to a wing possie doyen and then Souths signed Brian James from St George.

SattlersJaw14

Juniors
sad news, he'd only buried his brother the Friday previously, found by his daughter with a copy of his brothers eulogy in his hand