What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vale Might and Power

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
If there is reincarnation, I am coming back as a well breed Stallion. Not deserved just wanted.

Wizardman

First Grade
Im not into horse racing but I remember that horse very well. Led from start to finish from what I remember in most races.

Sphagnum

Coach
I backed northern drake to beat him in the cox plate. Unfortunately might and power had a gear most other horses don’t even know about.

His best win for mine was the Melbourne cup when doreimus had him cold after linesman attacked him all the way for that filthy cheating ho and her criminal f**kwit husband. Didn’t matter. He still found something, somehow.

incredible horse. Such a shame he went amiss.

coolsteve

Juniors
I backed northern drake to beat him in the cox plate. Unfortunately might and power had a gear most other horses don’t even know about.

His best win for mine was the Melbourne cup when doreimus had him cold after linesman attacked him all the way for that filthy cheating ho and her criminal f**kwit husband. Didn’t matter. He still found something, somehow.

Don’t hold back

to_ddeath

Coach

97?
One of my favourite Melb Cups, had bugger all on him as was a povvo student at the time, but I’ll never forget the noise at the pub when the line was reached..no one really knew who’d won it.
RIP Mighty, love ya guts.

T.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
He is honestly the first Horse that I remember as a kid and played a massive part in my interest in racing now. I think it was a combination of his racing style, margins, The Pumper and obviously the races he won. But the thing that always stood out even as a kid was that he had the most fitting name, the name of a Champion which is indeed what he was.

Was supposed to be heading to Melbourne later in the year and visiting Living legends was definitely on the bucket list. Trip was already put on the backburner due to Corona but now pretty gutted when I finally get there I won’t be able to meet The Champ.

Sphagnum

Coach
Always loved the story that pumpers manager told him that the connections wanted him to take a sit in the Caulfield cup and Cassidy went ‘meh, how about I ride him my way so we win. Nothing will beat him if I lead’

the rest as they say, is history. I can just imagine Alan Denham frothing through his 2 teeth after they hit the first turn. Tbf, they stuck with Cassidy anyway and he got the job done again in the big dance.

Then when Cassidy was interviewed after the Melbourne cup he quipped; yeah, I looked over and saw Hally carrying on and thought I’ve never seen a guy so happy about running second.

classic pumper

ebbedfred

Bench
Always loved the story that pumpers manager told him that the connections wanted him to take a sit in the Caulfield cup and Cassidy went ‘meh, how about I ride him my way so we win. Nothing will beat him if I lead’

the rest as they say, is history. I can just imagine Alan Denham frothing through his 2 teeth after they hit the first turn. Tbf, they stuck with Cassidy anyway and he got the job done again in the big dance.

Then when Cassidy was interviewed after the Melbourne cup he quipped; yeah, I looked over and saw Hally carrying on and thought I’ve never seen a guy so happy about running second.

classic pumper
Sportsbet have their NRL podcast Get Em Onside, last few weeks they had guests as nothing going on, Brohman, Gould etc but this week they had a Might and Power special with pumper, DEFINITELY worth a listen, was great.

Might and Power one of my all time favs!

We lost the champ this morning aged 26, one of my favourite race horses ever. His win in the QE by 10.5 lengths is one of the best I have ever seen.

Just ran actual champion WFA horses into the ground unlike the plodders we have ATM.

I’ve never been a regular punter but in his time I used to dabble. Might and Power was my favourite all-time horse.

I remember that racing season he won the Melbourne cup. When I knew he’d entered I’d bragged to anyone who’d listen that he’ll win it. Then the bastard went out and smashed the living daylights out of the field in the Caulfield Cup thus shortening the odds dramatically for the Melbourne cup, becoming the short priced favourite. Cost me a bomb in potential winnings, but I still couldn’t have cheered louder as he boomed away at the final bend.. absolutely owned them.