What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valentine Holmes NFL career

Smack

Coach
We shall see. I have you guys at 0 snaps, so if he touches the ball once in the regular season, I win :^)

GongPanther

Referee
Can someone remind me of the Ahhhhzzies who are going to be a starrrrterrrr in the opening weeeeek of the NFeeeeeeL? LOL!:):):):);):) Ahhhhzzie-Ahhhhzzie-Ahhhhzzie Duh-duh-duh!!

Western_Eel

Juniors
he had a decent game today still wont make the 53 tho.
id say they will offer him a spot on the practice squad,
imo he should stick it out and train with them all year and have another crack next year.

nick87

Coach
he had a decent game today still wont make the 53 tho.
id say they will offer him a spot on the practice squad,
imo he should stick it out and train with them all year and have another crack next year.

I dont think he looks good running the ball at all. I think he's look pretty miserable at that the entire pre season.

But he's certainly made the most of his opportunities catching the ball. He's been a factor in the pass games for the Jets
They even lined him up as an outside receiver today and he had beat his man pretty clean for a nice good 25+ yard gain over a guy who's a reasonable chance to make the Eagles roster.

Its really hard to imagine him hanging around for 130k USD when he lands on PS, when he can come home and earn 800k, and from what i've read, learning the intricacies of WR play can be tough, but if didnt have a fall back option like RL, and gave himself 18-24 months to learn, he'd probably make a roster

GongPanther

Referee
I dont think he looks good running the ball at all. I think he's look pretty miserable at that the entire pre season.

But he's certainly made the most of his opportunities catching the ball. He's been a factor in the pass games for the Jets
They even lined him up as an outside receiver today and he had beat his man pretty clean for a nice good 25+ yard gain over a guy who's a reasonable chance to make the Eagles roster.

Its really hard to imagine him hanging around for 130k USD when he lands on PS, when he can come home and earn 800k, and from what i've read, learning the intricacies of WR play can be tough, but if didnt have a fall back option like RL, and gave himself 18-24 months to learn, he'd probably make a roster
He'll be back playing for the Cows.

Jets have so far cut RB Elijah McGuire, S Santos Ramirez.

Smack

Coach
ps is best for him if he wants to try and make it, a year of learning can't do any harm

Quicksilver

Bench
It’s a pretty pointless exercise if he doesn’t stick around longer.

Breaks a high paid contract (gets paid peanuts for a year) then come back with questions over fitness.

He could have just played out his contract for Cronulla while getting paid big money then gone on to his dream of living in Townsville.

Card Shark

Immortal

Well he said before he went that it wasn’t about the $.

However, now he’s playing, is the enjoyment & time with the ball going to be the problem!

Perth Red

Post Whore
These players need to get some better advice. This little adventure will cost him millions in lost earnings and who knows how he’ll come back. Look at Hayne and what a disaster it ended up being for his career.