What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valentine Holmes

Brutalitops

Juniors
Absolutely disgraceful treatment of Mitchell Pearce by the Roosters, and I say that as someone who isn't a big fan of him and really admire Cronk.

To invest what they did in him, and to get a premiership and just recently a preliminary final off the back of a pretty good year from him and then try to offload him is just low. If I were him I'd be off to Newcastle, a team who would appreciate him and also one I feel he could do very well with

Crush

Coach
Absolutely disgraceful treatment of Mitchell Pearce by the Roosters, and I say that as someone who isn't a big fan of him and really admire Cronk.

To invest what they did in him, and to get a premiership and just recently a preliminary final off the back of a pretty good year from him and then try to offload him is just low. If I were him I'd be off to Newcastle, a team who would appreciate him and also one I feel he could do very well with
What did you expect from the latte sippers? Mate, its the roosters! No juniors, no fans, just a bunch of rorting rich pricks. They see an opportunity to upgrade and they do. Some on here will think its smart but I think its weak. Why drop pearce for a bandaid solution in Cronk? I hope they come runners up for the next 20 years

Como Connection

First Grade

He's going to the Sharks pal.
CC

Crush

Coach
So who's playing where? You'd think he and Townsend as halves, Moylan fullback, Dugan centre, Val wing? Or is Townsend going to be screwed?
Either Townsend gets screwed and dropped altogether or Valentine gets screwed and pushed to the wing.
Whatever happens it won't last long anyway because dugan will be injured and Pearce and Moylan will be suspended after hitting northies too hard.

How can the Nulla Narks afford anymore players? (Pearce)
Is Politis moonlighting over at the Narks?
Pearce should go to the Knights, get paid overs and walk his dog along the beach.

Because we are good with the cap

the sharks budgeted on the low end of the alluded cap figure when there wasn't one cos..NRL.

teams like the raiders, bulldogs and the panthers budgeted for higher. they are all up at the cap limit already. that's why leilua is being shopped. that's why brad abbey hat to be squeezed in at the raiders to register woods and foran etc

Last edited:
So who's playing where? You'd think he and Townsend as halves, Moylan fullback, Dugan centre, Val wing? Or is Townsend going to be screwed?

Moylan Fullback
Val Wing
Doogs Centres
Chad 5/8
Pearce 7

best fit for the team if we get him as well.

as to val. he's a great winger. not a great fullback and only has the gig cos of the barba fiasco.
he only has to watch his own game tape to realize why alternative measures are being investigated.

Last edited:

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Keep in mind that Pearce has had about six ‘incidents’ over the years and that the Rorters stuck by him.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Moylan Fullback
Val Wing
Doogs Centres
Chad 5/8
Pearce 7

best fit for the team if we get him as well.

as to val. he's a great winger. not a great fullback and only has the gig cos of the barba fiasco.
he only has to watch his own game tape to realize why alternative measures are being investigated.
Keep bashing Val, we will have it.

Pearce is a good half at club level but he's nowhere near SOO standard. Can't control /direct game when in the balance.

There is daylight between him and Cooper.

The club has run a protection racket for years, claiming Pearce to be an elite player and deserving SOO selection. But they have now trashed his name, his reputation. It's extraordinary, really. No other club would replace a SOO player in their prime for Cooper at his age. Cows wouldn't discard Morgan for Cooper. Or Roosters wouldn't discard Teddy for Slater. Stunning concession that Pearce is actually not SOO standard.

Despite all that, and I clearly don't like Pearce, woof woof had been sorely mistreated. And with a good coach, Roosters already have a top squad to win title.

Straight Shooter

Crush

Coach
Pearce is a good half at club level but he's nowhere near SOO standard. Can't control /direct game when in the balance.

There is daylight between him and Cooper.

The club has run a protection racket for years, claiming Pearce to be an elite player and deserving SOO selection. But they have now trashed his name, his reputation. It's extraordinary, really. No other club would replace a SOO player in their prime for Cooper at his age. Cows wouldn't discard Morgan for Cooper. Or Roosters wouldn't discard Teddy for Slater. Stunning concession that Pearce is actually not SOO standard.

Despite all that, and I clearly don't like Pearce, woof woof had been sorely mistreated. And with a good coach, Roosters already have a top squad to win title.

Straight Shooter
Its classic Roosters. They have so much talent but just can't quite get to the premiership so they think they need cronk to give them that extra 1% to get them there.
Problem is, its about team work and passion and they don't like tackling like the storm or sharks of the last couple of years.
I hope they continue to finish 2nd or 3rd for the next 10 years.

KiamaSaint

Coach
Anyway, if Val came he would have to play NSW Cup as many on here say Nighty should retire on his own terms and Nene should be given a chance to play with Hunt, a real half.

Val wouldn't be happy playing against Wenty and Newtown, etc
We have no speed but Val wouldn't walk into our starting 13?

Latest posts