What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valentine. Holmes

Bench
Just read that he has been cut from his NFL team which means he will be coming back to Australia. Now that Flanagan is with us could Holmes be approached to play with us
The only issue would be if we could afford him because every where you look we are supposed to have little to spare under our CAP

TruSaint

Referee
He has said himself, Sharks , NQ or Broncos.

Holmes, who knocked back a $A5 million contract last year to stay with the Sharks, will incite a bidding frenzy if he chooses to return to rugby league.

The Sharks, his hometown Cowboys and the Broncos are possible landing spots.

“Cronulla is what I’m used to and I have an apartment there and my mates are still there, my wife and myself are from Townsville and I’m mates with pretty much all of the Brisbane guys,” Holmes said.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/ameri...s/news-story/9d75289ba5120964c865e745e1896039

Frank Facer

First Grade
Just read that he has been cut from his NFL team which means he will be coming back to Australia. Now that Flanagan is with us could Holmes be approached to play with us
The only issue would be if we could afford him because every where you look we are supposed to have little to spare under our CAP
We need a top line fullback. Holmes would fit the bill. With Flanno coming here, that could work in our favor. I remember reading a post from NRL NRL implying that he will be heading back Cronulla, or that is how interpreted it.

Holmes and Andrew Fifita would be 2 great signing that improve us dramatically.

SAP58

Juniors
I havent heard that reports in the last 24hrs have said they have moved him to a wide receiver position but he is still in the practice squad. He did say he will make a decision on a return to NRL at the end of their season which will probably be on 29 December as they have lost the first 4 games of the season so are unlikely to make the playoffs.

TruSaint

Referee
I havent heard that reports in the last 24hrs have said they have moved him to a wide receiver position but he is still in the practice squad. He did say he will make a decision on a return to NRL at the end of their season which will probably be on 29 December as they have lost the first 4 games of the season so are unlikely to make the playoffs.

He hasnt formally said he is returning mate, but my post above gives you an idea that he is, and has already excluded us.

Zero chance of him coming to Saints. One, he doesnt want to, and two, we cant afford him. End of.

RedVDave

First Grade
Geographically coming to Saints makes perfect sense but that is really our only advantage at this stage of the game.

cusnjed

Juniors
Val Holmes has been switched to wide receiver with the practice squad. He hasn’t been dropped. There is every chance that with the Jets tanking this season, he could get activated later in the season to see if he is worth keeping

SAP58

Juniors
He hasnt formally said he is returning mate, but my post above gives you an idea that he is, and has already excluded us.

Zero chance of him coming to Saints. One, he doesnt want to, and two, we cant afford him. End of.
Agree we have no chance but no one else will have enough money left under the cap by the time he decides to come back. Oh except for the Roosters :D

BLM01

First Grade
We need a top line fullback. Holmes would fit the bill. With Flanno coming here, that could work in our favor. I remember reading a post from NRL NRL implying that he will be heading back Cronulla, or that is how interpreted it.

Ha with what money.? Cowboys have been making room apparently in their cap waiting for this day
No point wishing it though it wont happen with us.
I see winger as his best spot anyway but I may be alone with that one.

slippery5

Juniors

Fifita is playing on one leg & is the only reason whu Sharks would let him go. Do we really want another passed his best use by date?????

nontime111

Juniors

I was thinking the same thing Frankie!
If theyre insane enough to let Luch go the only replacement Id be happy with is someone with hulking mungrel and silky ball skills similar to Luch...we cant get Haas so 2nd best upcoming young gun mungrel who CAN play is Fifita, exactly the man I was thinking we should target on my bush walk yesterday here in Margs... and Holmes if hes into new projects and a nice change could have a lot of fun and success with us, It wont be long until all the kids are flying here well have the best backline in the comp and with him at the back, Ramsey, Schiller, Sailor, Sullivan oh man wed never be beaten~!! I hope he has a good relationship as a coach and friend with Flanno, all were lacking is ONE major superstar in the backline, at the moment we do not have one at all...

Latest posts