What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

van nistelrooy rumour.

Macca_

Coach
Rumours are just that - rumours.

They sell papers. A lot of the times there are no quotes.

A lot of the time stories are leaked and it simply a players agent seeing what else is out there for their man, see who jumps up and makes an offer.

Also tend to see them when players are due for new contracts etc. Pay me more money in other words.

So many transfers get done that you don't here anything about until it basically happens.

I can't see Man U selling him to Newcastle. It's an easy story to come up with though... Shearer at the end, Van Nist coming up for a new contract etc etc.

domdom

Juniors
I definetely see ruud moving clubs. you can tell he must have said something to ferguson that he didnt take too kindly too. both are pretty much acting similar to when ferguson fell out with his other high profile players (becks, stam, keano)

i'd expect to see saha start more regularly and ruud warm the bench.

hard to say what team he'll go to. he'll command a hell of a fee though, so it would only be a team flush with cash, so newcastle wouldnt be too much of a shock. him and owen up front would be a pretty deadly combo!

sunny said:
The Inter thing has been officially denied

Bound to happen then. I have heard the Inter one for a while and to be honest it would not surprise me. I watched them against Parma on Saturday and they played well enough to win and had anpough ball to win but just did not finish them off. Adriano missed a couple that 12 months ago he would scored from. He looked pissed off when Cruz replaced him Martins scores a few but not as many as he should so maybe they are looking at Ruud to be that poacher they lack.

stuke

Bench
this was floated a few weeks ago by Newcastle United. Inter have been linked to him, as have Real Madrid. Ruud has supposedly said he would like to move on to another club. a lot of this has come around while he was injured and in the preceeding weeks after he made his comeback from injury and spending time on the bench.

Manchester United have claimed that Inter have actually made no contact with the club and they have absolutely no intention on letting him leave while he is still under contract (though we all know money talks and things like this can change quickly).

I would strongly doubt that Ruud would be sold to Newcastle (can't see Man U selling him to an English club)...or whether he would entertain the thought. why move from United to Newcastle??

stuke

Bench
supposedly Owen has a clause in his contract that allows him to leave if any offers above 12.5million pounds. Liverpool were reported to be interested, with Benitez saying he realises that he should have got Owen back the first time.