What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

VB Kangaroo's sponsorship

Indelible

Juniors
Anyone else think it looks tacky to have VB plastered across the Australian jersey? I know it brings in money etc, but I think the Australian Jersey should be sacred. Club, Origin etc is fine, but not Aus.

Coastbloke

Bench
I agree and was thinking this the other day while looking at a Jersey in Rebel Sports..

I understand the need for sponsorships and the like but, yeh it does look tacky..I also noticed the smaller sizes (for kids) doesn't have the logo..

yakstorm

First Grade
Jerseys sold for under 18's can't include any gambling or alcohol sponsorship, so you'll notice the kids Rabbitohs jersey's have South's Cares on them instead of 'The Star' and the Melbourne jerseys have nothing.

As for the sponsorship, honestly beggers can't be chosers. The only way clubs and the likes will support Test footy more is if it brings in the money. The value someone would pay for the front and the back of the Australian jersey is far more than what someone would pay for the sleeve, or anywhere else.

At least on a positive side, the VB sponsorship fits the colour scheme of the Kangaroos, far better than what Phillips use to look like when they have a giant blue box on the sleeves and back of the jersey

Asotasi%2cR%204101601_278017_p.jpg

Indelible

Juniors
Maybe it's the fact that it's VB that has made it stand out this year more than others. I love what the NBA do, no sponsorship on the uniform at all. Obviously stacks more money in bball, but its a good look.

Shorty

Staff member
At least on a positive side, the VB sponsorship fits the colour scheme of the Kangaroos, far better than what Phillips use to look like when they have a giant blue box on the sleeves and back of the jersey

Asotasi%2cR%204101601_278017_p.jpg
Each to their own, I think that looks far better than the hideous VB logo.
Look at what we had previously with Playstation, it looked so much more professional.

yakstorm

First Grade
Playstation fitted really well because for a large part it was just white text, no blocks, no colour variations, but Sony, much like Phillips barely paid anything for their Kangaroos sponsorship, it was more or less part of a larger NRL/ARL sponsorship.

VB's sponsorship of the Roos is at least a direct asset purchase by Fosters.

Nuke

Staff member
I'd love to buy a new Australian jersey (one made out of that material they use these days ... I have a few heavy cotton jerseys in my wardrobe), however refuse to buy one with the VB logo looking all ugly on the front the way it does. I would much prefer International and State Of Origin jerseys to be free from huge sponsors logos. Sleeve sponsors are fine by me, as are little logos around a chest logo (Kangaroos logo for instance), but let that just be about it.

For many years I had been chasing Australian footy shorts, but in my trips to Sydney, I only saw VB sponsored ones, so never got them. Until this year when I popped into a Lowes store and bought completely logoless shorts for about $20!

Latest posts