What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Veep

bileduct

Coach
I avoided this show initially as it's hard to watch Julia Louise-Dreyfus without seeing her as Elaine, but a friend suggested I should really give it a chance so I watched a few episodes yesterday.

It's based on the BBC show The Thick Of It (same writer) and is one of the rare shows I have personally found laugh-out-loud funny as opposed to being mildly amused.

Anyone else watching this?

Last edited:

roofromoz

First Grade
Massive thread bump.

This show is outstanding. Season 6 has just started on Foxtel.

That scene with Jonah boasting about his exploits in an elementary school is one of the funniest moments in television history. I can in no way repeat what was said, but it is on Youtube.

Incorrect

Coach
Haven't seen an episode but have always seen mention of it on TV forums etc and thought to myself, yeah I gotta get around to watching that. I'll have to start... One of my favourite comedy writers, Armando Iannucci writes for the show from memory

roofromoz

First Grade
Based on Veep, I've been watching The Thick Of It. Currently up to season 3. I think most of us need a Malcolm Tucker to sort out certain sh*t in our lives.

Life's Good

Coach
I gave it a go on a flight between Melbourne & Sydney. It's one funny show. I have laughed so loud on many occasions to end up being that jerk on the plane but that is the sort of show it is. Still laughing about the 'C*ntgate' episode.

Zachary Smith

Juniors
I love Veep, you really have to pay attention it's so fast paced, but I'm not enjoying season 6 as much, I don't want to give away a spoiler for those who haven't watch but for those who have you might understand why season 6 is a bit of an anti-climax.

Danish

Referee
I am actually liking the latest season, although its certainly a different angle compared to the previous season following them on the campaign trail.

My favourite character is probably Marjorie. From the moment they introduced her as Selena's "body double" secret service detail every scene she is in is f**king hilarious

Styles clash

Juniors
Finally watching season 3 probably five years since watching season 2. Still funny. Jonah having his own website is great. Wish I'd watched this as it aired because 2014 is feeling a little dated given how much has happened in real life US politics since.

jargan83

Coach
This has been one of those shows that I always say to myself that I want to check it out but have never actually gotten around to it.

bileduct

Coach
f**k I completely forgot about this show... I don't think I've watched anything past the first season. Good timing because there is nothing else out at the moment that I am even remotely interested in.

bileduct

Coach
I started watching this again from the beginning and holy f**k this is such a good show. I wasn't exaggerating in the OP about it being laugh out loud funny. The jokes are so clever and delivered so rapidly it's easy to miss them occasionally. JLD is f**king perfect.

I'm glad you f**kers bumped this.

Latest posts