What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vella

Eelectrica

Referee
Yes! Vella needs to grow his hair again. The bald look just isn't having the desired effect of making him more agressive ;-)

booeycollector

Juniors
Thanks for the pic Half.....top stuff.

Moggles...that pic of Vellina is great.........again top stuff. I wish he was going to Wee Waa and not Killer. :lol: :lol:

half

Coach
Moggles said:
I think Mick wants to get into the action... :D
vella.jpg
hahaha! *roffles and wafflesmao*

funniest/most concerning pic ever!

parralight

Juniors
The bottom line is this - anyone with his amount of strength and agility SHOULD be dominating the football matches he plays in. Sort of like what Trent Waterhouse is doing now. Sorry Mick - but you should be ashamed of yourself. - and its just not last week where he went missing .. I havent seen the best of Mick Vella for a couple of years- Mark Geyer was damn right he is as soft as a cream bun.. get rid of him!!!

half

Coach
how awful was vella today? our worst performer by far... no doubt about it

i desperately hope he can get out of this slump sooner than later

Glenn

First Grade
Stats for Mick of the top of my head 25 tackles, 10 hit ups and about 120(?)m gained

The Colonel

Immortal
10 carries for 115 metres. And some big hits. Admittedly he did fall off some and his handling was not great however he did better than Kativerata IMO. It wasn't a good performance but he styed out there longer than he would have normally.

half

Coach
stats can be deceiving

how many times did he turn over the ball? how many times did he stand around looking clumsy in defense? and then thurr was webcke knocking him on his ass

Pazza

First Grade
nobody is saying he had a awesome game but you have to give him some credit, he did do much better than last week.

tanka

Juniors
gotta feel for the (f)vella... (get it?)

but I agree that he is not performing...

COME ON MATE! GET YOUR FORM TOGETHER!

GoParra

Juniors
I also didn't think he went that badly tonight, sure he put down the ball a few times, but he did a lot of good things as well, a much improved effort and hopefully he will continue to improve back to somewhere near his best

Maroubra Eel

Coach
How do you reckon Vella would go if he was moved back to the wing or put in the centres or some other position?

The Colonel

Immortal
ME have you been playing computer games with DvdHntr?

Seriously, Vella was once a winger and while his size and speed would be an advantage however his lateral defence and mobility in defence would be seriously questioned.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I think Vella did alright it is Kataverata that needs to be dropped to the lowest grade possible. He was woeful in defence and attack. And what is with the weak ass play of giving it to him at every scrum? Brisbane were lining up to smash him in the second half.

Vella is a forward and should stay there. My new projects are Burt to 5/8 (did you all see his halves style try?) and Wagon in the centres.

Also O'Dwyer was very good defensively in that game. He had quite a good game on debut and will grow as a player for the experience.