What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Verdict thus far.

IFR33K

Coach
After 9 rounds we sit 3-6. It could very easily been 5-4, with a bit of luck.

We have had a couple of abysmal performances, but have been in the contest on the other occasions.

Our defense has been good at times, and our attack seems to have improved from last year.

The deadwood players have been dropped, with many new players blooded for future success. Our up and coming players have been resigned, on new lengthy deals. Hayne seems to be firing, and Fui is bending the line.

Assuming we make no more signings for next year, what's everyone thoughts on RS to date, our recruitment and on our near future???

Im very happy considering what I had to sit through in 11 and 12.

We seem to be playing a more attractive brand of footy.

Ken Sio for me has been a disappointment.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Well seeing as our team is stacked with young guys i think we are going good...

Kornstar

Coach
FFS! All you've done is give Poupou a reason to come in and tell us how good Kearney is.......

Considering the absolute rabble that SK left, I think RS has done pretty good.

I'll give him till next year to make a real decision though, the signs are good atm.

lingard

Coach
I'm very happy with how things are going. My expectations on Luke Kelly were probably a bit too high, although he has done some good things for a half with limited first grade experience. Ken Sio has disappointed me so far. The young guys all look like they're 'buying into' the Ricky Stuart way of things. There seems to be an air of confidence developing.
After seeing Ricky Stuart in the dressing room on the Sterlo show I cringed a bit, hoping that he wasn't just about motivation and inspiration. It all sounded a bit corny. But last night, Parramatta looked like a well coached, well drilled side. Just lacking some personnel. It was a pleasure to watch. The win was just a bonus. A good one, though, because in order to rebuild this team and its morale, they do need to put some wins on the board.
For Stuart to gamble on these new boys is pretty courageous. To be then able to coach them to win is the sign of a decent first grade coach. I'm sold on him so far.

IFR33K

Coach
I'm very happy with how things are going. My expectations on Luke Kelly were probably a bit too high, although he has done some good things for a half with limited first grade experience. Ken Sio has disappointed me so far. The young guys all look like they're 'buying into' the Ricky Stuart way of things. There seems to be an air of confidence developing.
After seeing Ricky Stuart in the dressing room on the Sterlo show I cringed a bit, hoping that he wasn't just about motivation and inspiration. It all sounded a bit corny. But last night, Parramatta looked like a well coached, well drilled side. Just lacking some personnel. It was a pleasure to watch. The win was just a bonus. A good one, though, because in order to rebuild this team and its morale, they do need to put some wins on the board.
For Stuart to gamble on these new boys is pretty courageous. To be then able to coach them to win is the sign of a decent first grade coach. I'm sold on him so far.

Hard to argue with what you've said.

Eels Dude

Coach
Considering what Kearney left him with, Stuart has done quite well. Two shocking performances yes, some other mediocre ones where we've played a lot of dumb footy. Stuart still needs to clean out some dead wood older players, but there is some enthusiasm in the younger players that is promising. I think the main thing is Stuarts instilling a non losing culture whereby next year with a bit of extra class a few more wins means a top 8 side.

mickdo

Coach
More wins than I thought we'd have to date, but realistically we should be higher up the ladder, so its hard to complain

Avenger

Immortal
Its going quite OK. We will make the 8 next year and Stuart will be retained for a further 2 years. We will make the GF during this time.

Avenger

Immortal
By the way all the players that I don't rate Stuart has dropped. I reckon he is a genius. Only Paulo to go.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hate to be a Pollyanna but I still think we'll get the spoon but I also think Stuart will get the absolute best out of them until the end if the year.

lingard

Coach
By the way all the players that I don't rate Stuart has dropped. I reckon he is a genius. Only Paulo to go.

I was thinking the same thing! Although I think Paulo has some potential. I notice he's a friend of Feleti Mateo and compares his playing style to Feleti's. Let's hope he learns a bit of discipline like Feliti did when he went to N.Z. Well, I think he did?

Someone

Bench
Ricky wont be judged on this year, but if he can get us off the bottom itll be an achievement.