What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very disappointing

Drew-Sta

Staff member
The Tigers didn't look like they ever got out of 1st. It seemed more like Sheens stood them at the top of the hill and pushed them down in neutral.

This year is going to be one failing after another at this rate.

The Head ball drop was just rediculous. I can't believe that. 10 point turn around right there. Complete turning point in the game and Hornby was absolutley spewing afterwards. Would not be surprised if he doesn't re-sign out of the desire to go to a better club.

Oust Doust.
Down with Brown.

Sull

Juniors
Fully agree. You don't win games with the crap I saw this afternoon. Dragons wouldn't have even scored if it wasn't for Chase. Really disappointing.

TheMightyRedV

Juniors
Honestly, the line has to be drawn - NOW.

We'll never turn our backs on the glorious red V..but where's the dragon spirit? the players look like theyre running without any motivation(with the exception of the consistent few like hornby creagh n wes)...

If canberra has a list of no namers and theyre giving it that spirit and winning some games, what are we dragons lacking? Talent? we have plenty of that. But look at the expression on the face of the players..

i dont know...the dragons fans have never been whingers, but looking at the way our players are going, my heart goes out to them to some extent. And on the other extreme, my heart's churning in anger at where we should be. We're far far way from where we should be.

A truly disheartened dragons supporter..

Southernsaint

Staff member
Don't only do we make sht but we somehow manage to make the opposition look ordinary as well. Smashed by a bits-and-pieces Tigers outfit - what a joke.

Matt Head - it is actually harder to do what he did than force the ball correctly.

The ruck - we get dominated in every tackle and let them run at will when we're defending.

Cooper - for a supposed superstar he barely gets to touch the ball

Ryles - I have been sticking up for him for ages but he's not re-paying the faith. Too many silly errors

Wish I had that last 2 hours of my life back. What a waste of time...

Southernsaint

Staff member
By the way, I'll be copying-and-[asting this post and using it a few more times this season. Have no doubt.

TheMightyRedV

Juniors
Ryles - I have been sticking up for him for ages but he's not re-paying the faith. Too many silly errors
He never has, and never will. I'll be the first to put my hats off to him when he does, but his track record is not working in his favour. He only ever looked good because Luke Bailey was doing the hard work. Now that the our glorified management couldn't hold on to Luke, time will only show what a mistake they made in releasing the wrong player.

Perhaps it was the beer, or the drugs, or the poor eye sight, but looking at the big screen I thought Head had downward pressure. I would have given that.

STPETER

Juniors
the head decision was a bad one should have been a try but all is not lost dragons the most organised they have been all year just need a few things to go our way like the haed no try decision the penalty that was called play on dont milk it on head when there was a flop about 20 -25 mins in 2nd half right on half way was crucial.I think brown is playing ryles & wicks the wrong way around ryles was playing in tight in earlier games & making great mtrs since he came back from injury he`s playing wider & not mucking as much ground wicks should be playing wider where he wind up & use his speed & strength swap them around

thommo4pm

Coach
Follow Me Up To Carlton said:
Perhaps it was the beer, or the drugs, or the poor eye sight, but looking at the big screen I thought Head had downward pressure. I would have given that.

It was a try, how they gave no try is beyond me.
I never saw the ball leave his hands at any stage.

borat

Bench
I think your all over reacting after another loss. We don't look that bad in general. I just watched the replay on Fox and its hard to blame any particular player or the way they are being coached.

Be buggered if I can work out how you can criticise Ryles. Made more metres than any other forward, was more damaging than any other forward. Just watched as the only player chase a short kick off. Got tossed a couple of bad passes that he dropped, one from Head in particular.

Matt Head is doing some good things. We actually looked threatening in attack and he is the best halfback we have. But he is not match fit. He gets tired by midway through each half and starts doing stupid things, dropped balls, bad passes etc. The bombed try was a shocker and really cost us but its one of those things. Can't say I have seen him do that before. The only way he will get match fit is to persist with him because PL won't help.

But the one thing, the main thing, that is costing us week after week is the ruck. We are getting hammered every week. Slow to play the ball and not able to roll the opposition on their backs and slow down their play the ball. This is what is costing us. The opposition gets a roll on every set of six while we struggle to make 30m. And a contributing factor is the make up of our team.

We had 6 props in our team today, unbeleivable. Wicks, Hunt, Houston, Ryles, Poore & Peek. These are all big guys who are being constantly turned around. They just aren't fit enough. What we desperatly need is Dean Young in the backrow but of course we can't do that because we need him at 5/8th. We are definitely short of a quality backrower, the mobile tackling machine type.

petetheileet

First Grade
I can take positives out of it guys, i honestly believe we were the better team for the first 60mins of the match, if the scoreline read how it should we would have killed them, we were energetic in attack, showed good control when we had the ball and i thought it was overall a good performance....

Once things start going our way and head has more 1st grade we will win matcheas

TinghaInMotion

Juniors
we had the best team for 5 years and won nothing. now we have a bunch of kids running around and we are in the bottom 3...sigh :(

bring on 2008

Drew-Sta

Staff member
borat, I admire your positive spirit, but I just don't share the same view.

We had no leadership out there. We had no experience out there. I have no idea what Wes Naquima was doing out there.

Hornby saved our asses on numerous occaisions. It is clear to me that he is not needed in the halves, and never should be put back there. His support, his injection and his cleaning up stopped the game blowing out early but he just couldn't stem the tide when the Tigers shifted into 2nd.

We need a total shake up. What quality we have in juniors should be blooded and given FG experience to start preparing for 2008.

borat

Bench
Drew-Sta said:
borat, I admire your positive spirit, but I just don't share the same view.

We had no leadership out there. We had no experience out there. I have no idea what Wes Naquima was doing out there.

Hornby saved our asses on numerous occaisions. It is clear to me that he is not needed in the halves, and never should be put back there. His support, his injection and his cleaning up stopped the game blowing out early but he just couldn't stem the tide when the Tigers shifted into 2nd.

We need a total shake up. What quality we have in juniors should be blooded and given FG experience to start preparing for 2008.

Were you at the game Drew-sta?

I thought Wes wasn't too bad today actually. I couldn't figure out what position he was playing though, becuase from what I could see we had all the backs on the field when he was on.

He seemed to defend further infield than usual and it looked like it helped. I find out wide he just doesn't move well laterally and can't read the play. Gets stepped very easily. I thought today when he stayed in the middle and made runs around the ruck he looked good. Got me thinking that Wes has the size to make an outstanding wide running backrower.

Dave Q

Coach
If Browney had to go, I think someone like John Lang would be a fine choice.

A big mean coach who is far tougher than all of your players.

ANd he knows how to win a grand final.

Latest posts