What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very disappointing

dragonfire

Bench
petetheileet said:
I can take positives out of it guys, i honestly believe we were the better team for the first 60mins of the match, if the scoreline read how it should we would have killed them, we were energetic in attack, showed good control when we had the ball and i thought it was overall a good performance....

Once things start going our way and head has more 1st grade we will win matcheas

I agree, thought we looked good on a few occasions, especially the 5th tackle option to run but Houston ran the wrong line/timing was off and cost us dearly. This week in all seriousness Head cost us the match with not making sure of that try, in saying tht i think he still scored but you cant be letting the video ref use super slo-mo in a fast paced sport. As you said if things in this game went our way i think we would have won it but thats teh game i suppose. Didnt realise till today we have used 29 different players this season, pretty staggering in my opinion. Hopefully next week we can grind out a win against the titans

oh yeah they didnt show a reply but i think it was Harrison, but did he actually run with his elbow up and collect Woolford? Also thought Cummins wasnt all too crash hot today, In the 2nd half he seemed more eager to blow the whistle apart from when Head got tackled twice and Morris got carried backwards 7 metres after held was called, other than that thought the guy had an ok game

Drew-Sta

Staff member
borat said:
Were you at the game Drew-sta?

I thought Wes wasn't too bad today actually. I couldn't figure out what position he was playing though, becuase from what I could see we had all the backs on the field when he was on.

He seemed to defend further infield than usual and it looked like it helped. I find out wide he just doesn't move well laterally and can't read the play. Gets stepped very easily. I thought today when he stayed in the middle and made runs around the ruck he looked good. Got me thinking that Wes has the size to make an outstanding wide running backrower.

Sadly no, I spent the game at home with my family for Mothers Day. The loss was made even worse by the fact that Easts won and then usual commentary efforts of Channel 9.

I noticed what you said about Wes, and he looked to be defending as a second rower. He seemed to be playing a more floating lock role in attack from what I could see; Popping up when needed and drifting away.

I didn't think he played very well to be honest, but he didn't do anything drastically stupid to lose us the game.

Creagh, Hornby, Young (The usual's) played well. Woolford looked unfit but that's to be expected.

Ryles needs a new pair of hands, but that's been the case for years now. His cut out pass to the touchie was good though.

dragonsoul

Juniors
ok Where Do We Go From Here?
dean Stays At 5/8 Or Do We Get Richie Back And Move Dean Back To 2nd Row?
we Need The Ball To Get Out Too Coops He Is Catching A Cold Out There.
do We Sack Brown Now Or Keep Him Till The End Of His Contract?
who Do We Put In Anderson (super League) Or Lang
boy Am I Copping It At Work
help

Father Ted

First Grade
dragonsoul said:
ok Where Do We Go From Here?
dean Stays At 5/8 Or Do We Get Richie Back And Move Dean Back To 2nd Row?
we Need The Ball To Get Out Too Coops He Is Catching A Cold Out There.
do We Sack Brown Now Or Keep Him Till The End Of His Contract?
who Do We Put In Anderson (super League) Or Lang
boy Am I Copping It At Work
help

IN attack support the ball runner (thats really dropped off this year), complete the sets , chase the kick/chase and IN defence Talk and work . Simple.

The Preacher

First Grade
Something else I found disappointing yesterday was that the numbers and the passion of the Army seems to have diminished somewhat.
I haven't sat near the Army for some time, and thought it would be a treat for my young bloke to be near them, but sh!t, what a fizzer.
It's not like we weren't in the game for all but the last 20mins, but it just didn't seem to be like I'd known it before.
Have the numbers dropped for any reason, or did I just pick a bad week to be there ??
I did like the fact I was sitting just in front of the "Oust Doust" banner, how ironic !!! :lol:

Southernsaint

Staff member
The Preacher said:
Something else I found disappointing yesterday was that the numbers and the passion of the Army seems to have diminished somewhat.
I haven't sat near the Army for some time, and thought it would be a treat for my young bloke to be near them, but sh!t, what a fizzer.
It's not like we weren't in the game for all but the last 20mins, but it just didn't seem to be like I'd known it before.
Have the numbers dropped for any reason, or did I just pick a bad week to be there ??
I did like the fact I was sitting just in front of the "Oust Doust" banner, how ironic !!! :lol:

I was laid up all weekend with a bad cold and I assume other people had Mother’s Day functions.

For a supposed “Family” game, their scheduling could use a bit of work.

The Preacher

First Grade
Southernsaint said:
I was laid up all weekend with a bad cold and I assume other people had Mother’s Day functions.

For a supposed “Family” game, their scheduling could use a bit of work.

My Mrs. thought it was the best present of the lot that I took the young bloke to the footy and left her watching DVD's with her mother.
Some women just don't realise the sacrifices we make :D

The Preacher

First Grade
Dave Q said:
If Browney had to go, I think someone like John Lang would be a fine choice.

A big mean coach who is far tougher than all of your players.

ANd he knows how to win a grand final.

Are we talking about the same John Lang, the ex Penrith / Cronulla coach ??

The last thing I would discribe him as would be "big and mean".

If anybody is going to "mentor" or consult to Browny, I believe it HAS to be Ryan or Gould.

The Preacher said:
Yes there has been a drop off in the hardcore couple that with the part timers who are not prone to show up when we're losing and you've got yourself a fizzer.

That said, I was on the 30 metre line and the chants could be heard throughout the stadium. I heard nothing from the WT support.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
Where do we go from here?

Easy.

STOP MAKING SCHOOLBOY f**kING ERRORS!!

We're supposed to be a 1st grade "professional" Rugby League team. 28 years of "close but no cigar" performances are starting to take their toll. I really don't know how much more I can take. I'm glad in a way I didn't get to see the game on tv. I listened to it on the radio. Gutted is a major understatement, especially listening to us crumble after the fundamental error by Head. Someone cheer me up. PLEASE.

big pat

Coach
i gotta agree psa, 28 years of nothing, i tell you i dont have another 28 yrs to wait so many errors every game we always find ways to lose, good teams make there own luck, also any other team wouln't put up with so many failures, browny just cant cut it, but what does doust do sfa, just pat him on the head and say things will get better,well i think everybody is sick of waiting peter.

Godz Illa

Coach
Dragon_psa said:
Someone cheer me up. PLEASE.
sensual.gif

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Godz that's top quality mate! :lol:

Cyanide and Happiness are a bloody good read!